Part 3.6~ Isaiah

Been a minute, sorry! A family member had a stroke, so I have to go to their funeral later this week. And it'll be a 15 hour drive... ugh. I wanted to get this out there before things get hectic. 

My phone was literally blasted with 55+ notifications from Wattpad, all votes. I dunno what votes do, but thanks! And I do try to respond to all comments, so if you want to say hi or have questions or have a scene request, I'm here!

Please excuse my errors, it's 1:56 a.m, and I wrote this all in one go. I'm half dead right now. 

Anywho~

~

Kissing Lucifer was definitely the best thing that I could've ever done. And seeing his astonished face was even better. I wanted to stay with him... but my generals needed guidance, the incompetent fools. 

I led them out onto the battlefield, and kept sight of Lucifer who was flying well above the enemy. And yet they had the audacity to try and shoot him down, with arrows. But it allowed my forces to get closer and attack while taking them by surprise. I lost sight of Lucifer for a moment when a group of humans surrounded me, trying to get me to surrender. I almost died laughing as I waved my hand, sending them flying away. 

I searched the sky, trying to find Lucifer, but I couldn't see him anywhere. And then I saw him on the ground, my soldier helping him put out and heal the fire that had been set on one of his wings. I set a course for them, sending any human foolish enough to come at me flying away. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to him without being blocked. A traitor from our side had gotten in my way; a shapeshifter. She shifted taking on a grizzly form. With a loud roar, she charged at me. I dodged to the side, as if she was a bull and I was the bull fighter. She bustled by, ramming into soldiers of her own side. I chuckled the slightest bit, raising a hand, and sending them all flying into the distance. 

It was then that I noticed something. Lucifer was plummeting toward the ground by an invisible force. I scanned the area, and saw some women in a dark cloak. she had a sinister grin on her painted red lips, but ut turned into a panicked expression when I slowly made a fist with my hand, causing her to crumple with the same force she had used on my angel. 

Turning back to Lucifer, and dark, infuriated feeling began filling my chest. A brute of a man was squeezing my luci's neck tightly, and I saw Lucifer gasping for air. Unlike the soldier who died during the battle and we sent to prison, if he died, he would be gone for good. 

I walked over to their area, which wasn't that far. All soldiers, no matter the side, made sure to jump out of the way as I walked by. My pressing aura forced them to stop fighting for a few seconds as I passed them, but resumed the moment I was far enough. The brute didn't see me, but I definitely saw him. My hands were tightened into fists, shaking with how tight I was holding them. 

When the brute finally looked up, he began to shake. I smirked at his fear, not stopping my advance. He let go of Lucifer, and jumped back. Lucifer began to fall, gasping for air. My smirk vanished as I hurried forward to catch him. I wrapped my arms around him protectively, searching his face for any lingering pain. I caught sight of the bruising on his throat, and knew my eyes were flickering between gold and red. 

I looked at the man, my eye narrowing at him. He was scared, but tried to look tough by charging at me. I gently set Lucifer to the side, making sure he was safe before turning to deal with the pest.

A growl built up in my chest as my canines grew sharper. I held a hand out freezing the pest in his tracks. I lifted my arm, bringing him with it, before slamming him onto the ground. I did it over and over again, the guy's face becoming beaten. 

"So, you like to choke people?" I asked darkly, bringing him a bit closer so that he could hear me. He was shaking in fear, and I could guess that I looked far from kind at the moment. His head shook side to side; or at least, it tried. "You should've thought about that before you touched what's mine." I gripped his neck, squeezing hard. His face began to turn purple, and I got more excited, putting more strength in the squeeze.

A felt his spirit stating to dim, which meant that he was going to soon vanish from existence. I was fine with that. But Luci wasn't. 

Two arms wrapped around my middle, Lucifer's held pressed to my chest. I immediately stopped, dropping the irrelevant scumbag to the ground, and turned my attention to Luci. He looked tired, as he should've. His wings were gone, proving just how tired he was if the vanished on their own. I scooped him into my arms, ignoring the rest of the onlookers. I realized that the scumbag was the last of the Rebels that we needed to fight. All of them in the dungeons below the castle. 

"Tired?" I murmured to Lucifer, holding him on my hip. He nodded against me, probably not having the energy to answer.  My generals looked at me, waiting for further commands. I nodded at them, knowing they knew that the signal meant they could go. They all cheered, although I was pretty sure they knew we would win the entire time. 

I had no doubt. And my little Luci fought bravely along with the rest of them, even though he was probably scared. I admired his courage. 

The soldiers began to march back to the capital, and I walked with them, wanting to carry my sleeping angel for a while longer. 

~