Part 2.9~ Unknown

Well... It's the end!

Of Part 2. So, I thought this would be the best way to wrap things up... for this part. As for the video above... I literally chortled bruh. If you watched it... you'd know why. So relatable!! 

Anywho~~~

~

Satan didn't understand. Because he didn't let us fight, the Rebels only saw his interference as a display of his power. Despite the fact that he was infuriatingly smug all the time, Satan was an amazing ruler. He was fair, he prevented wars, he allowed just about everything that the mortal realm didn't. 

The Rebels were mainly humans who clutched onto their twisted views of Satan. That explained why they were sent to Hell in the first place. What they didn't understand was that Satan didn't prevent wars because he was afraid to lose his control over the kingdom. In fact, he had a pretty good reason as to why he prevent me and Callon from fighting. Elves, well, let's just say we get pretty emotional. 

But Callon, despite his small stature, was stubborn. And he was mine. Not that he knew that. It was just my luck that as soon as I realized we were mates, someone had to go and kill his favorite sprite. I didn't want to fight with him, but he had threatened my people, so retaliating was the only way to protect them. 

It was just a small spat, but it was sure to escalate further if Satan hadn't sent his pet to stop us. I was just a little bit grateful for that. I didn't want to have to fight my mate. 

"Haldir!" A familiar voice called. 

I turned just in time to see a messenger bird flapping toward me. It sped to the ground, and in a puff of smoke, it transformed into my right-hand man, Arod. He had the standard white eleven hair, but had cut it short and dyed the ends red. He claimed it made him 'smoking hot'. His words, not mine. He was panting, out of breath, and leaned forward with his hand on his knees. 

Between gasps of breath, he mangaed to wheeze, "Message... from spies... in North..." 

I patted his back, brows furrowing in concern. "What? What did they report?" I asked. The spies in the North were spies specially placed in the Rebel camps, there to keep taps on their plans and suck. There were only ten or so in the ranks, each in different areas. They paraded as Rebels, and then reported to Adon who reported to me. 

"They said that... the Rebels are finalizing their plans to attack the Capital!" Adon said, finally catching his breath. His worried amber eyes looked up to meet my dark blue ones. Adon sat up, and I retracted my hand, instead bringing it up to run through my pure white, long locks that cascaded down my back. 

"I knew this was going to happen soon..." I released a stressed sigh. "Do they have a specific date yet?" I asked. 

Adon shook his head. "No, but Rohan told me that they will have one by tomorrow."

Rohan was one of my best spies, so he was placed in the main camp of Rebels. He was so good, that he managed a position as a general. He gave us all the intel that normal Rebel soldiers weren't even allowed to know about. 

To Adon, I told him, "When you go back, tell Rohan to stay at his post until told otherwise. But tell Haga, Iston, and Frodo to come back. Their posts are the frontlines, which is too dangerous." 

Adon nodded seriously. "And the others?" He asked, looking worried. Of course, he would be worried. His mate, Rohan, had to stay even longer as a spy. I would be frantic with worry if it was Callon. 

"They need to stay as well. It'd be too suspicious if they all left at the same time," I decided. I knew what we were doing was dangerous, but I for one like Satan as our ruler, and he had our full support. If he needed it, he would have an advantage in case all else failed. Which I doubted it would. 

With the new messages, Adon transformed back into his hawk form, and flew off once again. I watch until his small form faded into the distance. It was troubling to know that the Rebels were going to attack the Capital right off the bat. Usually, a war would start with them attacking another, less important area. It just showed how unprofessional the Rebels were. 

I had originally been heading back to Callon, but with the new information, I changed direction and head toward my village. My people needed to know what was going on. I could've taken my bird form and gotten there faster, but I needed to save as much energy as I could. 

"Haldir!"

Hearing my name once again, I paused. But this time, it was an unexpected voice. One I would know anywhere. 

Slowly, I turned to face Callon. His face read 'pissed off'. I was, after all, in his territory.

"What are you doing here?" He hissed. "Wasn't enough to kill my sprite?"

I was too exasperated to deal with his false accusations. "I went to see Satan, and this route is shorter," I said curtly. " Don't worry, I'm here alone. I was just passing through."

Callon's emerald eyes regarded me coldly. "I'm sure," he said, his tone saying the opposite. 

I wanted so badly to go over and engulf him in a hug, but I was more than sure that he would rather hug a cactus. Despite the hostility he showed, I still warned, "The Rebels are going to strike the Capital soon. I advise that you prepare your men."

His hostile demeanor vanish, replaced with shock. Even though we had our differences, he hated the Rebels as much as I did. "Really? They're going straight for the capital?" He asked. 

I nodded. "There isn't a date yet, but it's going to be soon."

"How do you know this?" He asked, regarding me with caution. 

"I have men with them," I said vaguely. Done delivering the warning, I turned back in th direction of my village. "I suppose I'll see you when it happens." Forgetting what I had thought earlier, I shifted into my bird form. A very, very large harpy eagle. All elves had a bird form. Harpy eagles were already large, but mine was larger than those. I'd say about the size of a punch-buggy. 

Eager to get away, I flapped my wings, taking off, and flying away. My eagle was unhappy that we were leaving our mate unguarded, but I pushed it aside and kept flying. I had to get to the village. 

There was a war coming. 

And we had to be ready. 

~