Pt 2:

You're running faster than you ever have before. You take turn after turn through a never-ending corridor covered in vines of ivy. You're running from something, you know because you can hear a grinding metallic sound growing ever closer. You don't know what the sound belongs to, but you know it's bad. You turn around another of the infinite corners. Your heart is quickly seized by fear. Right in front of you is the most hideous and horrid monster, it's gel-like body takes up the entire corridor, it's metallic legs just inches from the towering walls. Without hesitation, the beast pounces directly on top of you, knocking you painfully down to the cold hard ground. You see a flash of light as one of the deadly metallic legs sends something jabbing into your side. You scream in pain and the scene changes. You're still screaming, but it's not from pain, it's from terror. People, doctors of sorts surround you where you're bound to a medical bed. They're trying to calm you down but they're getting nowhere. You turn your head and see Newt in a medical bed similar to yours, but he's unconscious. A woman walks up to you, and in a sickeningly sweet voice, she says, "Shhh, Y/n. Everything is going to be ok. Remember, WICKED is good." With that, she injects something into your arm and the image fades away. You wake up in an unfamiliar room, roughly made of wood. You hear an unknown voice say to someone else, "She's awake. Go get Newt." In one swift motion, you grab a sharp object that's sitting on a table next to your bed. You retreat to the part of the bed closest to the wall, and point your sharp object at this unknown boy and announce, "Stay back! I'm warning you!" The boy complies like he's seen this a thousand times before. Hands raised he backs slowly away until his back hits the wall. Seconds later Newt comes through the door. He can't suppress a smile when he sees that you're awake. He starts to walk over to you, but you jab the object in his direction. "Back off." You manage to keep your voice even, through your confusion. He stops moving and raises his hands, trying to show you he means no harm. You don't stand down. "You trust me, remember? Just put down the syringe, and relax." He says adding a smile. You don't move. He lunges at you grabbing your wrist before you can react. He doesn't change his calming tone when he says, "Now let go, alright? You're ok." You let go, never breaking eye contact. You calm down, letting your mind clear. "I'm sorry I don't know what came over me." You hang your head low. "Come here" Newt gently wraps his arms around you and you sink your head into his shoulder and begin to relax.

 You wake up the next morning in the Med-hut with the sun filtering through the cracks in the walls. You look around and find Newt, sound asleep in the corner of the room. He's obviously been up all night, making sure you didn't have another panic attack. You aren't sure what to do, but you know that you're hungry. As quietly as you can, you slip out of bed and start to sneak past Newt. You accidentally notice how cute he looks while he's sleeping. You almost make it to the door, when a floorboard creaks. Typical. Newt wakes up, wiping grogginess from his eyes. You wince and turn to look at him apologetically. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He smiles up at you, "It's fine. I needed to wake up anyway." You start walking out the door, finding yourself thinking about that lovely accent, the train of thought leads you to remember your strange dream. You freeze in your tracks as the memories wash over you. "You alright?" Newt asks, getting up to follow you. "I... Uh... Uh yeah, I'm good." Newt moves to stand in front of you. "That's funny, I don't believe you." He has a teasing smile on his face, yet still looks concerned. "It's just, that dream. The reason I had a panic attack. It's all so confusing. Newt takes your hand and leads you to sit on the bed, inviting you to tell him more. When he sits he lets go of your hand but proceeds to look at it for a few seconds. Then his eyes meet yours. You start to explain the dream to him, in as much detail as you can remember. You get sidetracked and start rambling, talking about how weird it is losing memories, being the only girl, and the entire situation of being trapped in a maze with no apparent way out. Through it all Newt sits quietly, listening. Well mostly listening. He finds himself studying your face, your y/e/c eyes, and your shining y/h/c hair. He knows you're pretty, he's just not sure what to do with that information. "Oh and I almost forgot, one of the doctors, she said my name. It's y/n." You finish. Newt smiles, "Y/n. That's beautiful." You blush slightly, you like the way he says your name. He smiles at you, probably noticing your blush and your heart does somersaults. You look down and let your hair cover your now, very pink face. You don't know why you keep feeling like this. Something about him... Newt interrupts your thoughts. "You know, I'm not sure that was simply a dream. I think it was a memory." He pauses for dramatic effect. "Well except the part with the Griever." He adds with a laugh.