Pt 26:

"I'm the closest to that lever, what if one of you guys push me over there, I can lower us enough so I can untie myself, then untie you guys." It sounds like a decent enough plan, but you don't trust this new girl. Newt speaks before you can, "How do we know we can trust you?" Teresa tries to speak but Thomas interrupts her. "Come on guys, she's tied up here just like us." This time Minho speaks, "She was also here before us." "So?" "We don't have time to argue about this, this is the best plan," Aris said sounding annoyed. Everyone is silent for a minute then Minho says, "Fine, I'm closest to her, I'll push her." Back and forth she swings, every time just missing the lever. "Come on Minho, push her harder," Newt says, his face bright red from all the blood rushing to his head. Minho pushes one last time and this time she grabs it. You cheer along with everyone else. Although you had your doubts, the prospect of seeing the world rightsize up once again is a good one. Teresa pulled the lever sending everyone down several feet, once again the chains yanked on your ankles painfully and you yelp in pain along with the boys. Teresa starts untying herself then moves over to Thomas, of course, Thomas is first. Once he is untied, He comes to untie Newt while Teresa goes for Aris. All of a sudden a whole bunch of lights start flashing outside. "Come on hurry up you guys!" Frypan shouts sounding a bit panicked. Newt comes to untie you. Finally, everyone was on the floor again. You stood up slowly letting the blood equalize through your body. You gently massage your bruised ankles as the boys try to figure out which way to go. They decide on going right and everyone files in behind Thomas and Minho. The sounds of screams and gunfire and helicopter blades grow louder from outside. Suddenly the group stops. You stand on your tip toes to see what's going on and see that the man from earlier is back, this time, with a gun. "Hey, we don't want any trouble," Thomas says. The man doesn't respond to him but says into his walkie talkie "Janson, I've got them here for you. Come get 'em, don't shoot." Not Janson, you can't go back to Wicked. Not again. Thomas is slowly inching forward towards the man. He lashes out suddenly nocking the gun from his hands. Everything is a blur. The next thing you know Thomas is nocked back and the man has his gun back. He cocks it, points it directly at Thomas and a gunshot sounds. Everyone reacts. Thomas jumped back, pushing Newt back who had a protective hand in front of you, which in turn pushes you back. Thomas looks down at his shirt. No blood. Everyone looks up in time to see the man fall over, Brenda behind him, gun extended. She saved you. "Come on guys." She says, turning to walk away. She notices that no one is following her, then says a bit more forcefully, "Come on!" This time everyone follows. As you run through the building, you hear a song playing, you don't know it but it sounds old, giving you an eerie feeling. Quietly Brenda leads the way to a new room where Jorge is waiting. "Brenda! Come on we don't have much time! Let's go let's go let's go! He says in his Spanish accent. He opens up a garage door that leads to a large chasm between two buildings. You see a wire leading from the door frame all the way to a building across the chasm. "This way!" He Jorge says receiving looks of confusion, and a response from Fry, "You've got to be kidding me." "You kids want to get to the right arm, I'll lead you to them. But you're gonna owe me." You didn't like that last part, and share a skeptical look with Newt. With that Jorge grabs a looped rope then jumps out of the building shouting "Follow me!!" Everyone looks at each other, not sure what to do. "Alright let's go, come on!" Brenda shouts. "Ok, come on guys let's go," Thomas adds pushing Minho towards the zipline. He grabs hold, shakes his head, then jumps. Aris is next, then Newt. Before Newt jumps, he turns to look at you saying, "Meet you on the other side." You both smile, then he jumps. As you watch him jump, it feels as if your heart stops beating as you wait to see that he makes it across safely. "Your turn," Thomas says to you handing you a rope. You nod, grabbing the rope, take a deep breath, then jump.You zip down the line, cool air pounding against your face. You look down and your stomach begins to churn, your head gets dizzy and your hands begin to slip. Once again the feeling of your heart stopping overcomes you. Unconcously your hands tighten on the rope. Then it's over, your feet hit the floor and your knees buckle. You brace for the impact of the floor.