I'm Coming With You

You and Thomas walk in with Teresa, posing as her personal guards. Your heart is beating faster than ever has before. Here comes the moment of truth. You walk through the scanners that look for subject chips. You hold your breath and the light turns green, you're in. You walk a few more feet when a guard steps right in front of you. Thomas nods slowly, the sign that Newt should recognize. He came into the building first to scout the area. The guard nods back and you let out a sigh of relief, it's Newt. Newt then motions for you all to follow him. You walk in silence down a flight of stairs. When you get to the bottom, another guard falls in line behind you. If the plan is going correctly, that should be Gally. You find yourself in front of a locked door that Teresa opens with her thumbprint. Your hands are shaking with nerves as you enter another stairway. Over and over you repeat to yourself in your mind, everything is going to be ok, it's all going according to plan. You still can't keep away the fear inside you. You are inside WICKED'S headquarters, with an army of 7. You start to walk down the stairs but Gally freezes, "Hold on, I can get us in here." He starts to open a utility box so he can alter the security. "Toss me the walkie," Thomas says as he continues down that stairs. You, Newt, and Teresa wait with Gally. You're standing over Teresa, making sure she doesn't get any ideas when Newt starts having a coughing fit. You bite your lip to keep tears from forming in your eyes. Newt notices Teresa looking at him curiously and he turns away from her view. Teresa looks to you questioningly, but you ignore her. Now is not the time to recruit her to your cause. You hear Thomas's voice from down below, he's talking to Fry on the walkie, "Hey Fry, we're in. How's it going?" You hear Fry's staticky voice reply, "Ah you know I'm getting there. Say hey to Minho for me will ya?" He's currently climbing hundreds of feet high into the crane. You take a deep breath and try to subdue your worry for Fry. Thomas responds, "Hang in there buddy." Just then Gally opens the panel, "This will work." Thomas nods then talks to Brenda over the walkie, "Brenda, what's your status?" "My status is, I'm working on it." "Ok just make sure you're ready." "Don't worry you know I'm going to be there." You laugh at Brenda's flirty tone of voice. Gally places a device in the circuit box before closing it. The device will send Gally's group a signal, allowing them to move to the next part of their plan, while also tripping out the security to let you into the subject's quarters. Gally looks up at you and the rest of your group, "Let's go."

You walk down what seems like an endless hallway. The silence that fills the air fuels your fear. As you walk you grab Newt's gloved hand with your own. Just the sensation of knowing that he's near temporarily sets your nerves at ease. Finally, Teresa speaks up stopping in front of a door, "Here it is. The subject's quarters." To your side, you hear Newt snap at her, "If you call them subjects one more time, I'll bloody shoot you in the knee." You know this is one of his crank outbursts, yet you struggle to hold in a laugh. You all stand by the door, guns trained. If the plan is still on track, a guard should be on his way to check the corridors due to the glitching technology. Just when you think the guard won't show up, the door opens and Thomas fires a stunning shot at the guard. You, Gally, and Newt follow suit stunning every guard you can see. Finally, all the guards are passed out on the floor and you each move to open a door. When you open yours, you are met with about a dozen frightened faces. You smile, "Hey guys it's ok now. We're gonna get you out of here." A spark of hope lights you up from the inside as their faces make the transition from fear to joy. You lead them out into the main room where you see Gally questioning one of the guards, "The Vault. How do we get in?" The guard smiles, or at least he tries to, "You can't." Gally shoves him back to the floor and begins inspecting the vault, "This might take some time." You look over to Thomas who's double checking each of the rooms. He looks defeated as he passes Newt, walking towards Teresa. "He's not here. Teresa, where is Minho?" Teresa moves to the computers and starts searching. "He's been moved up to the medical wing. Thomas, that's on the other side of the building." Thomas thinks for a moment before saying, "Ok. Take me to him. Right now." Newt walks over, grabbing his gun, he doesn't look great, his hair is all messed up from the helmet, he has deep dark circles under his eyes and his face is covered in beads of sweat. Yet he says, "Ok I'm coming with you." Thomas looks to you with concern in his eyes, then back to Newt, "Newt, no you're not. You have to stay here and wait with Gally for the serum." Newt shakes his head, "You can't do this on your own. Minho comes first remember?" Gally pauses his work on the vault shouting, "Just go we're wasting time! I'll get the serum and we'll meet you out back." Thomas nods, "Ok, fine. Let's go." Without really asking permission you follow them out the door. Just before you leave, Gally shouts to Thomas, "Hey Greenie! Good luck."