Pt 6:

You start to get light headed, the temporary clouding of your mind allows you to snap out of your daze. The pain hits you like a wall. You lift your head out of your arms and see that your arm is now nearly completely coated in blood. You peel your eyes away from your arm, only for the to be met with the sight of your stomach. Hot thick blood is making a large crimson stain in your shirt that's growing larger by the second. You've never been the one to shy away from blood, well as far as you can remember, but this is a lot. Your breathing goes heavy as your mind clouds even further, making so that your thoughts become jumbled and mixed together. Even the act of blinking now feels exhausting and your muscles go weak. Newt notices the change in your behavior. He looks first at your face, which is smudged with blood from your arm, the he finds the rest of your injuries. "Oh no, Y/n... Someone go get Clint and Jeff. She's losing blood fast!" He looks at you with concern, you have gone pale and you're shaking. You see Thomas leave the room, looking for Clint and Jeff. Newt puts a gentle hand on your shoulder, "Come on Y/n. Stay with me ok. Just hold on." You can barely make out the words, your vision goes blurry and all the sound around you becomes fuzzy and incoherent. Newt lifts up your shirt enough to see the wound on your stomach and finds some spare cloth and wraps it tightly around your torso. You wince in pain. "I'm sorry Y/n, I know it hurts but it's going to help." He sounds panicked and worried, not sure what else to do. You nod and manage to squeak out a thank you. Soon enough Thomas comes back with Clint, Jeff must be off somewhere helping with other injuries. You've already nearly lost all consciousness. Clint kneels by you and says the most calm and reassuring voice, "Hey Y/n. Everything's going to be ok." Somehow his words fill you with an odd sense of calm. The last thing you see before you loose all consciousness is Newt's concerned face. "Y/n, no!" Newt says a little too loud. "It's alright Newt, she's just passed out, it will make this much easier and she wont feel any pain. I need some water, will you go get me some?" Clint replies. "I have to stay with her." Newt says. "I said I need some water, so what you have to do is go get water. You want her to not be dead? Go get me some shucking water." With that newt reluctantly walks out the door.

Your eyes flutter open with the sun shining in your eyes from a gaping hole in the wall. You start to sit up but immediately lay back down, groaning in pain. You remember your injuries from the Griever. "Y/n! You're awake!" You look over to where you just heard Newt's voice and see him sitting at the edge of your bed, smiling at you. You return his smile. After a moment of silence, you ask, "What happened last night? How did that Griever get in?" Newt sighs then says, "The doors never closed last night. No one noticed because of what happened to you with Ben." At your confused look he explains, "Ben is the boy who attacked you in the woods." You nod in understanding and he continues. The Grievers came in and took Henry." "Just Henry?" You interrupt him. "Yeah, oddly enough with all the bloody monsters running about they only took one of us." This confuses you, why would they only take one? "So what happens now?" You ask. "Well, Alby and the other keepers are going to have a meeting to discuss what to do. Minho says that he and Thomas may have found a way out of this place." "Really?!" "Yeah, apparently they found some new opening, I'm not sure though, he wouldn't tell me much, he didn't want to have to repeat himself." You laugh, that's just like Minho. Newt adds, "Oh yeah, Clint says that you're going to be ok. You're going to need a while to heal, that Griever really did not like you trying to help." He laughs at his own joke awkwardly, realizing it's not that funny. You smile as wander deep into thought about escaping and how to get your wounds to heal faster. After a minute of thinking to yourself, you notice that Newt is still in the room, he's looking at you also deep in thought. "You ok Newt?" You ask with a teasing smile. He smiles and nods, then says, "Sorry I was just thinking..." He trails off, zoning out again. "Thinking about what?" "I realized last night, that I don't know what I would do if I lost you. I know that sounds weird, but ever since I saw come up in that box, I felt some sort of strange connection to you, like we knew each other before the maze. I just felt like I knew you. And now I know that I would feel terrible if I lost you. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think I..." He's cut off by. Someone opening the door. Minho pops his head through the door saying, "Hey shuck-face! You're up! Good to see you're not passed out. Oh, Newt, Alby says he needs you for the Gathering." Newt sighs and says he'll be right there. Then he looks at you, "Sorry Y/n I gotta go, I'll tell you later." With that, he leaves you alone to your thoughts.