6 Months Later...

A/n: I'm going to change up the format a bit just to make it look a little better. Thanks for reading, please comment and leave suggestions! Enjoy

(Six months later)

You're sitting in the right arms new base, waiting anxiously. Newt, Thomas, and a few others had left a couple hours ago to try and save Minho. They had been planning this ever since Minho was taken. They wouldn't tell you much about the plan because you weren't invited. Newt had a big hand in that decision. For the first month it made you mad, even Brenda got to go, although you don't think anyone could have stopped her if they tried. You were so mad, you even stopped talking to Newt for a couple days, you quickly got over it, knowing that he was just trying to protect you, and you would do the same for him. When they weren't planning the attack, Newt had spent a lot of time with you. Your favorite thing to do was to walk up to the crest of the hill and sit with him. The two of you would sit and talk about simple things, mainly imagining life in the safe haven. Things seemed to be going well. You have shelter, food, Newt, and hope. Those are things that you haven't had in a long time, except Newt of course. If this works out well, and they rescue Minho, you'll be off to the safe haven in a matter of days. This thought excited you more than anything. The idea of not worrying about WICKED and starting a new life, it's almost too good to be true. Everyone is still giving you wary looks. They're worried about you turning crank. You're well passed Mary's prediction, even though you feel fine. All that's left of the scratches is a pretty crazy scar. No more cloudy mind, no more pain. Oddly, the same was happening to Brenda, like you, all that's left is a scar and she's doing fine. You and Brenda got on pretty well, you wouldn't exactly say you're best friends, but you do have a lot in common. Mainly the fact that everyone around is waiting to kill you when you turn crank. You've noticed that Brenda likes Thomas, as more than friends, but Thomas pretty much only talks to Newt now. He was hurt more than you can imagine by Teresa's betrayal, and he's worried about Minho. Luckily Newt is able to get through to him and bring some sort of joy into his life. If it's possible, they're even better friends than they were in the Glade. It's crazy what horrible circumstances can do for a friendship. A sound outside jars you from your thoughts and anxious pacing. You run outside to see that the group has returned.

A huge crate has just been set down by the stolen berg, and now the boys are working on opening it up. You start to make your way over to them, but it's slow going because a decently sized crowd has gathered to congratulate and welcome kids home. Finally, you come to the front of the now huge crowd of people. The boys have broken the seal and are now inside freeing the kids. Kids slowly start hopping out of the crate. One by one, you check each of their faces, looking for Aris or Minho. You see Aris and your heart lifts, you run over, giving him a hug and welcoming him home. He looks pale and in pain, but he's here, alive. You keep watching as more kids file out, then lastly Thomas and Newt come out looking defeated. Newt walks straight passed you, not even glancing at you. You bite your lip in concentration. You watch as storms into the building where they held most of their meetings. After talking to a few people Thomas makes his way up to the same building. The rest of the group who were on the mission follow, along with Sonya and Aris, you decide to follow. You're the last to the door, and you see Newt's face as the door slams into your own. Mixed feelings of disappointment and hurt begin to well up inside you. You walk away, not even thinking of where you're going. You end up on your's and Newt's favorite hill. You contemplate sitting here and waiting for him to come find you, ultimately deciding that you don't really want him to find you right now. You walk further and further, until the camp is completely covered by trees. You make your way in the direction of the the shore line, finding a precipice looking over the ocean. It's beautiful, the sun is on its way down, sending stunning colors over the vast expanse of water. There you sit for who knows how long. You watch the sun set, letting the ocean breeze fill your lungs. It's now dark and a bit cold, so you pull on your sweatshirt that was tied around your waist. You lean against a wide tree and let the sounds of waves crashing against the shore calm you into a peaceful sleep. You wake up early in the morning, just as the sun is beginning to creep over the tops of the mountains behind you. You take one more look at the ocean before walking back to camp, mentally preparing yourself for several lectures on why you can't just leave the camp like that.