Running Out of Time

A/n: I'm going to start shifting between points of view to follow the pacing of the movie and to add more drama in later parts. I hope you enjoy, and I would love to hear what you think!

 You: You, Thomas, and Newt take one last look at Janson and the guards before strutting off down the hallway to find Minho.

Teresa: Janson looks at Teresa with fierce anger in his eyes, "You better have a good explanation for this." "I just did you a favor Janson, the doors are locked. They can't get out." Janson bites his lip holding back his anger and Teresa speaks again, "Janson I need them alive." With That, she walks off to run tests on Thomas's blood while Janson and the guards hunt down Y/n, Thomas, and Newt.

Gally: Gally just finished opening the vault and alarms have started to sound. He calls out to three of the kids, "You three, help me pack up the serum!" In a matter of minutes, the serum is loaded into a bag and Gally makes his way to the door to lead all of the kids to safety. He pauses just before leaving and turns to an older looking boy, "You. Guard this with your life. Got it?" The boy nods while taking the bag of serum from Gally's outstretched hands. Gally nods, "Good that, Alright everybody! Let's go!"

You: The three of you walk down the crowded hallways, ignoring looks from concerned scientists. You take a moment to look at Newt who's health is declining fast. The dark circles under his eyes have deepened and it looks as if every step he takes is exhausting.

Gally: Gally leads the kids all the way to the parking garage, as they run he calls Brenda on the walkie, "Brenda where are you? We're here." Just then a huge bus pulls out in front of them with Brenda at the wheel. "Come on, let's go!" She shouts as she opens the doors for the kids to climb in. Gally walks up to Brenda, "Where's Thomas?" Brenda's eyes fill with fear, "I thought he was with you." She starts to climb out of the bus but Gally stops her, "Wait. Just wait. You stay with the kids. I'll find him." Brenda doesn't look convinced but stays with the kids all the same. Gally starts to run off, "Just wait for us, ok?" Brenda nods, "We're not going anywhere."

Newt: Newt, Thomas, and Y/n dash into one of the testing rooms right as a group of guards come running past. Newt notices Y/n looking at him with concern, he knows that he doesn't look good. He doesn't feel good. Each breath is labored and his mind is almost constantly fogged. Newt looks at Y/n and gives her a soft smile, trying to tell her that he's ok. But she knows, he needs to get the serum soon.

 Brenda: Brenda sits, waiting for Gally to come back with Thomas. She drums her fingers on the dash of the bus while all the kids whisper quietly to each other. Suddenly, she lifts her head, the sound of screeching tires gets nearer and nearer. "Everybody get down!" She ducks her head form the view from the windshield just as several security trucks pull around the corner. Her heart starts beating faster and faster until she thinks it might burst. Cautiously she peers over the dash, only to find one stray guard coming to check the bus. The guard says something into his walkie talkie and is soon joined by several other guards. Brenda sighs. She knows she has to start driving to get the kids to safety, but how will Gally and Thomas find her? She starts the engine and shouts back to the kids, "Everybody hold on!" With that, she steps on the gas, directly towards the guards. She pulls out of the parking garage running over gates and guards alike.

You: You're walking through the hallways with Thomas and Newt, looking for any sign of Minho. Things got a bit harder since you don't have Teresa as your guide. Suddenly you realize Thomas isn't walking next to you anymore. You turn back to look and see that he's staring off down an adjacent corridor. "You see Minho?" You ask walking up to him. He doesn't respond. You look down the hallway and there stands Ava Paige. Thomas aims his gun directly at her. You don't know if you support this or not. She just stands, not moving, not trying to protect herself in any way. Newt grabs you and Thomas both by the arms, "Watch out!" You look behind you and see Janson and his guards start to fire their guns at you. The three of you take off down the hallway, Dodging incoming fire the best you can. All the guards are now alerted to your presence. No need for caution anymore . As you run down hallway after hallway Thomas shouts for Minho. Scientists are taking cover at every turn. You stun several guards. Everything is a blur of running people, firing guns, and stunned guards. All the while you keep running just wishing you can find Minho soon. You run through the frenzy of guns firing and people shouting. Thomas pushes you both down a different pathway where you take cover from the heavy fire coming from all directions. You look at Newt who looks weak and frail. Thomas fires around the corner, "I'm almost out of ammo!" You sigh, the odds of making it out of this alive aren't looking great.