Pt 5:

You fell into a peaceful sleep, Newt by your side. Everything was fine, the boy who had attacked you would be put in the slammer, and then you're going to start your job as a runner. Things are looking good, just like Newt. You mentally slap yourself, why would you think that? Sadly the peace doesn't last long. You stir awake when you feel moment next to you, and your ears are soon met with the sounds of screaming from outside. You open your eyes and see Newt is already sitting up. You get up, walking towards a small window to see what's going on. Before you can reach your destination the door to your room bursts open and about 20 Gladers come piling through, pushing and shoving until your back is against the wall. Fear is clearly visible in their eyes as they talk in panicked whispers, trying to figure out who all is here. You hear Newts voice above the crowds, "What is going on?!" He asks sounding agitated. One of the Gladers, Chuck responds, "Grievers. It's the Grievers, they're here!" Poor Chuck is the youngest in the Glade, super annoying but really sweet. He looks terrified, same as the rest. You want to go over to him, give him a hug. But you're currently pinned to the wall by the mass of Gladers. You hear Newts voice again, as he begs for answers, "How!? How is this possible?!" He doesn't get an answer. Everyone in the room falls silent. The only sound to be heard is panting breaths and Chucks panicked whispers, which one of the boys, Thomas comes and puts his hand over his mouth to get him to be quiet. You strain your ears, listening as intently as you can, sharing nervous glances with just about every Glader in the room. Then you hear it. Fear crawls down your spine, causing your heart to beat uncontrollably, and your palms begin to sweat as the sound fills your ears. A clod metallic clawing noise sounds likes it's hacking away at the wood that holds he building together. The building shakes as something large crawls its way up the side. You hear a screech pierce the night as the beast climbs nearer. You feel a tremor go through the wall that you're currently pinned to. Your eyes grow wide in fear, anticipating what's about to happen.

 A Griever bursts through the wall behind you sending splinters everywhere. You feel a sharp pain in your leg as one of the flying splinters finds its target. The force of the Griever shoves you into the crowd of boys, yet somehow you still end up on the ground. You vaguely hear someone call your name. The hole in the wall isn't big enough for the whole Griever to fit, so it reaches one of its claws through, searching for its prey. You feel the cold metal brush across your leg and you feel your heart jump into your throat. All around you boys are scrambling, trying to get away from the claw, pushing each other out of the way to get through the small door. Their shouts and screams fill your ears causing the fear inside you to grow larger. But you cant move, you're frozen in fear watch as the claw carefully chooses its prey. You hear someone shout your name again, but it doesn't quite register in your mind. The claw finds its target, the boy next to you, Henry. He screams as the claw closes around his helpless body. You reach out and grab his arms and try to pull him free, you vaguely notice that a couple boys come to your side to help. You pull as hard as you can but it's no use. The Griever sends out one of its blades, slashing your arm, you cry out in paints you try to hold on, but the Griever pushes its blade into your stomach, pushing you away. You're forced to let go and you stumble to the floor. The Griever pulls Henry through the hole in the window and everything goes silent as Henry's screams slowly die away. You feel the pain in your arm and side go numb as you slip into your mind which is full of shock and the overwhelming feeling of defeat. You pull your knees to your chest and cover your face with your arms. "I... I let go... I let go... How could I let go?" All you can do is repeat those words over and over as guilt boiles inside of you. You feel a hand on your shoulder and hear an accented voice. "Y/n, it's ok. You need to calm down alright? Please Y/n, it's ok..." It's like you can't hear him, you're so lost in your mind. "I let go... I let go... Why did I let go?" Newt kneels beside you and wraps an arm around you, trying to get you to calm down however he can. So he sits, holding you as you continue to repeat those same words, "I let go... I let go..."