Pt14:

You and Aris hide behind one of the bodies as the man and the woman begin talking. The man with grey hair spoke first. "Good evening Dr. Paige, lovely to see you again. Although I admit I wasn't expecting to hear from you quite so soon." "Change of plans Janson, I'll be arriving a little sooner than expected, first thing tomorrow." Dr. Paige responded. Janson spoke again, "Oh well, we'll be delighted to have you. You'll be pleased with the progress we've made." Janson then pulls something up on the screen, data of sorts and a couple images of brains. He continued, "As you can see, early results have been extremely promising. Whatever it is that you've been doing to them in there, it's working." Dr. Paige just shook her head, "Not well enough. I just received board approval, I want all the remaining subjects sedated and prepped for harvest by the time I arrive." " Dr. Paige, we are going as fast as we can. We are still running tests..." Paige interrupted him "Try something faster. Until I can guarantee their security, this is the best plan." "Ma'am, security is my job, we're on 24-hour lockdown here, I am assuring you, the assets are secure." "Have you found the right arm?" Janson hesitated, "Not yet, we tracked them as far as the mountains." You can tell Dr. Paige is getting agitated. "So they're still out there. And they've already hit two of our installations. They want these kids as badly as we do. And I CAN NOT, I can not afford another loss. Not now. Not when I'm so close to a cure." The two are silent for a few seconds, then Paige speaks again, "If you are not up to the task, I will find someone else." "That won't be necessary" Janson responds with some force in his voice. He then adds, "May I suggest we start with the most recent arrivals?" "Just get it done." Janson turns to leave but Dr. Paige stops him, "Janson, I don't want them to feel any pain." He nods, "They won't feel a thing." He turns to leave as an evil grin creeps onto his face. Your heart rate has risen significantly. The most recent arrivals, that's your friends. You know you have to get to them before Janson does, but what then? How on earth are you all supposed to get out of here? Aris nudges you snapping you out of your thoughts. "If we can get to your friends before Janson does, I know a way out of here." He whispered. "Then what are we waiting for??" You whisper just a smidge louder. You follow Aris out of the room and climb back into the vents. After a few minutes of crawling your hands and knees begin to hurt but you continue to crawl, besides you've been through much much worse. Eventually, Aris stops and says, "We're here, you should go first. Try to explain everything quickly they will be here any second now." You nod and climb out of the vent. You accidentally make a lot of noise waking all of the boys up with a start. Oh well, they needed to get up anyway I guess, you think to yourself. The lights in the room turn on and you can finally see your friends clearly. You look around the room, Minho, Thomas,Frypan, Winston, and you finally find him, Newt. He looks at you and you look at him. You're both frozen in time. He runs up to you and gives you the biggest hug. The warmth of his embrace warms you and fills you to the brim with a feeling you're only just begging to understand. "(y/n), is that really you?" He whispers in your ear, his warm breath sending chills through your body. " It's me Newt, and I never got to tell you, but I love you too." At this Newt breaks from the hug looks you in the eyes. For a moment it feels as if you are the only people in the room. Just you and him. He slowly moves closer to you as you move unconsciously closer to him as well. Your lips now were only inches apart, getting closer and closer as your heart rate spiked to a point you didn't know was possible. Then your lips touch, sending sparks and heat cascading through your body, you lost yourself in his lips, in him. You never wanted this moment to end.