Pt16:

"Alright, alright. Just let her go." Newt finally says. Jansons grip on your neck loosens enough to let you get your bearings. You shoot your hand up nocking the gun from his had and catching it. He then puts both his arms around your neck cutting off your air completely. You struggle against him and get the gun pointed to his head. He kicks your leg where you had just been shot making you fall but your neck is still caught in his arms sending pain through both your leg and neck. You let out the last bit of air you had in a weak scream as you pull the trigger. The bullet grazes Jansons head forcing him to let go of you. You fall to the ground gasping for breath. As the guards come over to help Janson Newt runs over to you and picks you up bridal style and carries you over to the door. "Come on Aris, hurry up." You hear Thomas say as the guards starting running to capture you all once and for all. Thomas picks up his gun and starts firing on the guards just as Aris opens the door. You all run through but Thomas is still firing at the guards. "Come on Thomas!" Minho yells as the doors begin to close once more. Thomas runs out of ammo and chucks the gun at the guards as he makes a dash towards the rapidly closing doors. "Come on Thomas!" Now everyone is shouting. At the last second, he slides under the door. Newt still carrying you, you and your friends leave wicked's base and start your journey into the scorch. Immediately, when you all walk outside, hot air slams into your face. You bury your face into Newts chest to hide it from the heat and sand blowing constantly. With Newts limp it's hard for him to carry you by himself, but you both know that you can't walk. Minho comes over to Newt and between them distributing your weight you make it to a ruined building where everyone can hide for the night. Even though they set you down gently, you still wince when your leg comes in contact with the ground. "We're gonna have to clean it, and maybe get the bullet out," Newt says with worry lacing his voice. "None of the med-jacks made it out of the maze," Minho responds. Aris speaks up, "I know a few things about injuries, I can help." "You sure?" Newt responds, obviously worried about you. "Yes." The confidence in Aris's voice was enough. Newt comes and kneels down by you while Thomas and Minho go off to find something to clean the wound with as Aris starts taking a look at your leg. "We don't have anything to numb it, this is gonna hurt," Newt says as he takes your hand into his. You look into his beautiful brown eyes and find all the comfort you need. "Just do what you have to so we can get moving." You say, your voice cracking from your injured vocal cords. Aris begins to roll up your pant leg sending pain shooting through your leg. You rear your head back and wince, squeezing Newts hand tightly. "Shhh, it'll be over soon love," Newt says stroking your hair gingerly. "The bullet is still in there, I'm gonna have to pull it out," Aris says with dread in his voice. "Just do what you have to do." You say. "Someone is going to have to hold her down, this won't be easy," Aris says. At this point, Minho and Thomas are back. Minho comes to the opposite side from Newt and grabs you by the arm, and Newt does the same on the other side. You take a deep breath and brace yourself for the pain.