Pt32:

"Stand up, hands raised." A cool female voice says. Slowly you stand, cringing as the tip of the gun finds one of the crank scratches. Luckily for you, you have Newts jacket on so that the newcomers can't see your wounds. The girl pushes you with her gun and you wince again as your mind begins to fog. You vaguely notice that the rest of the group had been caught as well and you slowly walk over to Newt. Not sure how much control you have left over your body, you whisper in Newts ear, "I think I'm about to have another episode. I can't think straight." "Just hold on a few more minutes, you can do it." He says as he pulls you into a hug. Finally, all your friends had been uncovered and a man begins to speak. You can't even hear what he's saying, your mind is so clouded. Suddenly the girl who had found you shouts "Aris?!" Receiving a startled response from Aris. "Sonya? Harriet?" Now two girls are running over to Aris. You're guessing, Sonya and Harriet. "Aris, we thought you died! How'd you get here!?" The girl who had caught you asked. "My friends here saved me from WICKED. We're on our way to find the Right Arm." "Well, you're in luck." The girl signals and a large truck moves out of the way, creating a path into a camp. You did it, you made it to the Right Arm. The amount of happiness you feel clears up your mind as you walk into the camp. A man walks up to your group and questions Harriet and Sonya. They explain that they know Aris and trust him. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Brenda fall onto the ground. Everyone's attention is on her, just now figuring out about her bite. You barely notice as you mind goes foggy once more. Your knees begin to weaken and you hear someone say your name. You, like Brenda, collapse on the ground. Your breathing becomes heavy and wheezy and your body is sent into violent shaking as you lose all conciseness. "This one too?!" The man called Vince asks turning his gun from Brenda to you. Newt runs infant of your shaking body, the same way Thomas jumped in front of Brenda. "Don't shoot please!" Newt begs. "They're infected there's no hope for them!" Vince shouts in response. "Yes, there is! Now Vince put the gun down!" A new woman had come onto the scene. "Thomas, with your help I can provide a temporary cure for your friends." The woman says. "How do you know my name?" Thomas asks, not sure what to do. "Of course they put you in the maze." The woman said, mostly to herself. "What? Do you know me?" Thomas asks. "Yes, The first time we spoke, you said you couldn't take it anymore. Watching your friends die one by one. The last time we spoke, you gave me the co-ordinates of every WICKED compound, trial and lab. He was our source." Vince looks taken aback, "He's our source?" He asks bewildered. "Yes, now your friends are running out of time. Come with me." Thomas looks to the rest of the group receiving reassuring nods. As quickly as they can Newt carries you, and Thomas carries Brenda into a tent. Newt whispering to you the whole time, "Come on (y/n), you can make it, just hold on." The wheeze in your breath has gotten louder and painful to hear. Gently Newt sets you down on a small cot, and Thomas does the same for Brenda. "Now, Thomas I'm going to need some of your blood." The woman says. "What?" Thomas says as the woman swiftly takes a small sample of his blood and begins making a concoction. Newt just stands to the side holding your hand. The woman goes to Brenda first and injects a blueish liquid into her leg. Almost immediately Brenda's body relaxes as she falls into a peaceful sleep. The woman fills another vial with the blue liquid and injects it into your back. The same results, your breathing calmed and you fall into a peaceful sleep. Astonished Thomas asks, "How did you know to do that?" "Most of the kids put into that horrid maze are immune. That doesn't mean they can't get the virus from an actual crank. But it means that they can't receive it from the air. Your blood, being immune will provide a temporary cure. Maybe three to four weeks." Thomas nods and Newt looks sadly at your sleeping face. 'So they'll never be completely cured?" Newt asks sadness dripping painfully from his voice. "I'm afraid not." The woman says feeling truly sorry for the two boys. "I've got to clear some stuff up with the rest of the group, I'll leave you guys be for a while." Newt nods and Thomas says, "Thank you..." "Mary." "Thank you, Mary." With that Mary walks out the door. Newt sits next to you on the small cot and gently pushes a piece of hair behind your ear. Brenda slowly begins to wake up, and Thomas starts talking to her, explaining everything that happened. Although you stay stubbornly asleep.