Electricity

"Her pulse is gone." Brenda's voice cracks in grief. Everyone is silent for a moment, stunned to silence. "What!? No. No, it can't be." Newt's voice rises in panic anger and despair as he crumples onto his knees to check for himself. No pulse. Your now lifeless body is sprawled in the trunk of the truck. You're surrounded by your friends who came when they heard your cries of pain. Newt had woken up to a sudden jolt of electricity. He jumped away and looked back at you, you had trickles of blue electricity crawling along your skin. To his surprise, you weren't in pain. You looked to be at complete and utter peace. That is until you started screaming in pain. The electricity began to flow faster and in an upward pulling motion originating from your feet. He tried to shake you awake but the electricity gave a painful shock every time he touched you. Then the screaming stopped. By this time the others had gathered around you in confused and scared silence. The look on your face was one of terror and horror. Then you started to scream again, not of pain, but of grief and sadness, it was the most painful and heart-wrenching sound to hear. Your arms had flown to your neck, pulling at some invisible attacker. Newt screamed for you to wake up, shaking your shoulders but you wouldn't wake. You continued to strain against your invisible attacker, but something happened, the look on your face is replaced with remorse and sorrow, you let your arms fall to your side, but your breaths are short and shallow like you're truly being choked. You had given up. Then your breathing stopped. "No!" Newt shouted moving towards you, Brenda pushed him away, checking for your pulse. "Her pulse is gone." Brenda's voice cracks in grief. Everyone is silent for a moment, stunned to silence. "What!? No. No, it can't be." Newt's voice rises in panic anger and despair as he crumples onto his knees to check for himself. No pulse. Newt buries his head into your shoulder, with his arms draped across your lifeless body and chokes on a sob. The others bow their heads and look to each other for comfort. The weight of the loss of you is heavy over their heads. You were the light of their world, you gave them a smile when they thought their smiles were lost forever. You were the one person that they never thought they would, or could, lose. But they did. You're gone. Brenda's only friend, Thomas's reminder of hope, Fry Pan's biggest fan, Jorge's favorite trouble maker, and Newt's girl. Everyone grieves in their own way, not sure what to say. Newt cries, actually cries, for the first time since Chuck. He clings to you, wishing, for hope. You were his hope.

 Newt jumps back, startled by an electric prick on his nose. His sudden movement startles the others, and now all eyes are on you once more. The same blue bolts of electricity are crawling along your body once more, for the first time since you stopped screaming in pain. The electricity crawled deliberately, accumulating around your head and your heart. As Newt watches closely, a spark of hope finds his eyes as your chest begins to rise and fall steadily. He crouches in front of you, cupping your face gently in his hands. "Y/n?" He asks barely a whisper, hoping, wishing for an answer. Your eyes flutter open. "Newt?" Your voice is weak and filled with what sounds like worry and fear. "It's me Y/n. You're ok now. It's ok." His voice cracks in relief and he pulls you into a strong embrace. You take a deep breath and let out a few tears of joy a relief. Newt's ok, he's safe. Out of your view, Newt cries the same tears of joy and relief. You're ok, you're safe, and he will never let you go again. All around you, your friends are jumping for joy, hugging each other, celebrating. One at a time they all hug you telling you just how much you mean to them. Little do any of you know, all the way over in WICKED'S headquarters, the machine hooked up to Minho had just been powered on, sending a powerful jolt of electricity through Minho's body, but he didn't feel it. The last remnants of the connection directed the electricity to your dying mind, reviving your mind and body and destroying the last of the connection. For the first time, WICKED did something good, they saved your life. By now, the sun has started to filter over the tips of the trees that line the side of the road. After a night filled with such excitement, everyone is hungry and starts digging for food after giving you another hug for good measure. You're about to join them in the search for food when Newt grabs your hand and motions for you to follow him. He leads you into the tree line, walking until the truck is out of view. Then he stops and turns to face you head on. You bow your head, not sure what he's going to say. Gently he lifts your chin with his finger so you would look at him. "Y/n, I'm sorry if I've ever taken you for granted, for not spending enough time with you, for not appreciating you enough. You mean the world to me, you're my everything. I love you so much, and I almost lost you, I did lose you for a second, you died. It showed me just how much I need you. I promise I'll never take you for granted again, I won't lose you again, I can't." He takes your face in his hands, looks into your eyes, "I'll love you til the sun dies." He kisses you, passionately, desperately, lovingly. He slowly moves his hands to your waist, and you can feel your insides melt and your knees go weak as he pulls you closer until he's holding you tightly to him.