Flares, Buses, and Guards. Oh My!

You: You and the boys turn to leave but are immediately faced by four guards. "Put your hands up! It's over!" You look at the boys, trying to figure out what to do. You watch as Thomas starts to reach for his gun. One of the guards notices as well, he shouts, "Hey! Don't even think about it kid." Thomas puts his hands up and your heart sinks to the floor. After all that you've been through you're caught. You were so close. Your eyes widen in shock as one of the guards turns on the other three, shooting them until they'er all sprawled out on the ground. You look at the rogue guard in surprise and fear as he starts walking towards you. The guard rips off his mask, revealing a familiar face. Gally. You look over at Minho who looks like he's just seen a ghost. And for all he knows, he has. "Gally?!" Gally nods at Minho, "Hey Minho." Gally then looks up at the broken window and back at your soaking wet bodies. Shaking his head he adds, "You guys are insane." You nod, "Yeah just a bit." Gally laughs, turning to walk away. You start to follow but look back at Minho who looks completely confused. Thomas pats him on the back with a laugh, "We'll explain later."

Brenda: Brenda soars down an empty road pushing the bus as fast as it'll go. But she looks to the side where a new road is about to merge with hers and sees several cars in pursuit. "Crap. Kids, hold on!" She veers the bus to the side receiving several panicked scrams from the kids. One of the cars pulls up along side of her, quickly she jerks the bus in that direction slamming into the car. Thus receiving more screams from the back of the bus. She forces the car to ram into a concrete column sending the tail end up in the air. The car falls on its side, blocking several other cars from their pursuit. "Yes! Take that you wicked slugs!" Her victory is shorted lived. She turns a corner and is faced with a completely blocked off road, surrounded with security guards. She pulls the bus to a squealing stop and several more security cars stop behind her. She's surrounded. A guard shouts to her, "Step out of the vehicle with your hands raised" Brenda bites her lip and turns to face the kids. "You guys, don't move. Trust me." With that she climbs out of the bus with a cute hop to the ground. The guard shouts once more, "Now step away from the vehicle!" Brenda struts away from the bus, still refusing to raise her hands. The guard notices a small gun in her hand, "Drop the weapon! Now!" Brenda smiles, pointing the gun to the sky. Then she fires, sending a flare sky high. 

 Fry Pan: After countless minutes of waiting, not having a clue what's going on down below, Fry finally spots Brenda's flare. "Yes! Here we go!" Fry maneuvers the crane right about where the flare was shot and releases the hook.

Brenda: The hook falls from the sky, just as planned. Although nearly hitting Brenda in the head. Brenda takes it and hooks it onto the grill of the bus. Panicked, the guards start shouting orders back and forth. Brenda dashes into the bus, knowing she has a limited time before Fry lifts it. Sliding into the driver's seat, she shouts back to the kids, "You guys are gonna want to hold on to something!" As the words leave her mouth the bus is lifted into the air from the front with a jerk. Higher and higher the bus is lifted, occasionally scraping a building or two. The crane turns, leading the bus over WICKED'S walls. Then it freezes. With Brenda's crazy laughs and the terror of being in a bus thousands of feet above the ground, the kids in the back of the bus scream in fear as the grill of the bus starts popping loose. Brenda shouts again, "Hold on tight!" The kids scream louder and Fry releases the crane sending them soaring to the ground, stopping just before they crash. The force of the stop yanks the grill of the bus off, leaving the bus to fall to the ground. With one final scream from the kids, the bus falls back on all four wheels with a painful thud. Brenda looks around smiling at her victory, "Alright everybody, hop out!"

You: You run with the boys dodging searchlights from helicopters up above. Sirens ring out through the city and the streets are filled with security cars. The group stops and hides behind a wall to catch a breath. Thomas looks at Gally, "How long until we reach the tunnels?" Gally responds, "They're maybe about 12 blocks from here." Thomas looks at Newt with concern. He's having another coughing fit, this one much worse than the last and the black veins have traveled all the way up to his face. His frame looks thin and weak as he takes off his jacket. Worry and fear take over you, he's dying. You look at Gally, trying not to be angry, but failing. "You couldn't have grabbed one vial for him? Just one to keep him at bay until we got to the tunnels?" Thomas puts a hand on your shoulder, "Y/n it's ok. He'll be fine." You can hear in his voice that Thomas doesn't believe his own words. Gally nods, "We can make it." You sigh and walk over to sit by Newt. Minho crouches down in front of him, helping him take his jacket off. "Hey man, how you feeling?" Newt shakes his head with a laugh, "Terrible. It is good to see you though." You bite your lip, holding back tears. He never admits his pain like that, which means he's worse than you thought.

A/n: If you're enjoying reading my story, please vote and leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!