WICKED is Bad

You both walk back to the truck hand in hand, looking a little ruffled. None of the others say anything and you're happy about it. They all know not to ruin a perfect moment. You and Newt grab some food and start to eat as Jorge revs the engine and you're on the road again. The conversation for the trip follows along the line of what happened to you. You explain to them that it wasn't really a dream, but you're not sure what else to call it. You tell them about Minho, that he's alive and they rejoice. Then you got to the part where you were seemingly torn from him sending you spiraling toward death. Here, they all listen intently, no more jokes are made. They all know how much pain it caused you. Brenda and Thomas look sorry for you, Jorge looks thoughtful, Fry wraps a supporting arm around your shoulder and Newt has trouble looking you in the eye. He knows that it wasn't really him that caused you all that pain, but he can't help but feel guilty. "I'm sorry." He mutters once you finish your story. "It's ok Newt, really. It wasn't you." He nods. The rest of the trip is filled with speculation on how you and Minho became connected like that, although all the ideas are quite ridiculous and give everyone a good laugh. It's easy to see that everyone is ecstatic to have you back. It doesn't take long to arrive in the city. Jorge has to stop the truck pretty far away from the walls due to the overly crowded streets. Everyone hops out of the truck and you are soon met with a mob of angry protesters. Most of them are shouting, but some have signs, 'WICKED is bad', 'Save us from the cranks.' 'Let us in' and others that aren't decent to put in writing. Newt swiftly moves over to you and puts a protective arm around your waist. You and the others start to make your way towards to walls that look much bigger when you're right by them rather than from afar. Apparently, this is the direction everyone is going. You push through the crowd of protesters that grows ever bigger every second. A bad feeling starts to sink in your stomach. Newt keeps glancing behind you. "What is it Newt?" "I think someone is following us." the worry is evident in his voice. He pulls you closer and you glance over your shoulder. A man in a mask is looking directly at you. Finally, you push your way to the front of the crowd. The massive walls looming over your head you grab onto Newts arm to prevent being separated in the jostling crowd. 

 "Guys, we have got to go NOW. Look." Newt says with panic rising in his voice. Everyone looks where he pointed and all around you men in masks are pushing through the crowd coming towards you. You're about to turn and run when a deafening whirring sound erupts from the walls. The shouting crowd goes eerily silent. You try to find the source of the sound and your eyes land on massive guns, being moved, directly toward the mob. Screams fill your ears as the protesters start pushing and shoving, scrambling away from what's soon to be a blood bath. "Go go go!" You hear Thomas's voice. You turn to run and the guns begin to open fire. You run as fast as you can, you can't make out any faces and you're being shoved in all different directions. Newt is no longer with you, he's running ahead. Someone slams into your shoulder causing you to spin on your feet. Faces rush past your eyes too fast to register any of them and screams fill your ears along with the sound of blasts colliding with people and sand alike. Your senses are overwhelmed, you don't know where you are or where to go. You hear someone shout your name from a distance and begin to run towards the sound. A blast lands right next to you sending your feet a few inches off the ground. You land on the turf with a solid thud and people begin to trample you like you're a rug. You can't move. Your head is slammed into the ground by a boot and your vision goes fuzzy. Someone grabs your hand and helps you up, it's a woman you don't recognize, she points to an ally where your friends are shouting your name. You run to them avoiding bodies here and there. Newt wraps his arms around you and guides your steps as you and the others continue to flee. You run face first into a wall, no not a wall, a very large man. He grabs you by the shoulders and lifts you off the ground with ease, tearing you away from Newt. You try to wiggle out of his grasp but he's too strong. "Y/n!!" Newt shouts from behind you, out of the corner of your eye you can see him be dragged away by another man of equal size. Before you can call back to him, you are thrown roughly into the back of a van, landing half on the cold metal and half on a warm human. The door to the van slides shut and you're left in complete darkness as you feel the motion of the van driving away.