Stowaway

You vaguely sense the feeling of your body being lifted as Newt carries you back to bed. Although instead of the familiar feeling of him next to you, he crouches by the side of the bed and kisses your forehead saying, "I love you y/n, I'll miss you." His voice is a mixture of sadness and hope. Now you're confused, why is he going miss you? You hear him start walking to the door so you open your eyes just enough where you can see him, but he can't see your open eyes. Just as he's about to open the door he turns to look at you one last time, unconsciously his hand goes to his bracelet that matches yours. Then he walks out the door. Immediately you jump out of bed, grabbing a water bottle, then you slowly slip out the door to follow Newt. It takes a second to find him among the darkness but eventually you see him meet up with Fry an the two of them make their way toward the vehicle storage. As quietly and cautiously as you can, you follow them into the building. Fry hops into the passenger seat of an SUV while whispering to Newt, "Are you sure he's gonna be here?" "Positive, I saw him packing supplies. We'll wait for him here, he can't do this on his own." "Why didn't you bring y/n? We could've used her help." "I have to keep her safe, I couldn't live with my self if something happened to her." Newts voice sounds sad. You can't believe he's trying to leave you out of another adventure. Fry says, "You know she won't be happy about this." "I know, but it's for the best." You've made up your mind, no way you're getting left behind again, as the boys continue their whispered conversation, you slip into the trunk of the car and wait. You try your hardest to stay awake but slowly sleep takes over. When you wake up, you're in motion. You wince as your head hits the cold metal of the trunk as the car hits a bump. Forgetting that your hiding you let out a yelp of pain as the car goes over yet another bump. Almost immediately whoever is driving slams on the brakes sending you crashing into the wall of the trunk. You hear the boys whispering, and you hear one of them load a gun. You rub your head as you sit up, putting the most innocent smile on your face. Fry opens the trunk and Newt and Thomas have guns trained on you. The look of shock on their faces is priceless.

You smile sheepishly up at the boys as they stare at you in pure shock. "Y/n, what on earth are you doing!?" Newt asks. You let out a sigh then decide on a sarcastic response. "Sitting." Wrong move. Newt rolls his eyes as his face grows more and more red with anger by the second. You decide on a better answer, "I saw you guys sneaking out, I wanted to know what was happening. I saw you guys were leaving and I wasn't about to let myself get left behind again. I want Minho back as much as you guys do, we all miss him, and his delightful sense of humor. But you can't just leave me behind." Newt still looks mad while the other two boys are starting to shift awkwardly. "I'm trying to keep you safe y/n! I could never live with my self if something were to happen to you!" "Newt I feel the same way about you! What if you never came back? What then? I would be sitting with the Right Arm waiting and waiting for you to never come back! Never knowing what happened, always wondering. Can you imagine what that would do to me!? Newt, I would miss you more than I can even fathom." Newt is at a loss for words now. He stands in silence for a minute before storming off to sit on the edge of a sand dune. Thomas and Fry are still standing awkwardly, not sure what to do. Thomas finally decides to go after Newt and Fry sits down next to you. "He really is just trying to protect you. He loves you more than you know." You nod then say, "I know... But I don't need to be protected. We started this together we should finish it that way." Fry smiles, "You know that's exactly what Newt said to Thomas." You smile, "Thanks, Fry." "Anything for you. What you and Newt have is special, I'd hate to see that broken." You smile again and lean your head on Fry's shoulder as you wait for Thomas and Newt to come back. Surprisingly the wait is much longer than you expected. It's almost dark by the time they come trudging back up to the truck. You look away and your hand moves unconsciously to your bracelet. You feel a familiar hand on your shoulder and look up to see Newts apologetic face smiling sadly at you. "Can I talk to you?" He asks softly and you just nod in response. He takes your hand gently into his own and leads you to a grassy area to the right. The two of you sit down and you start fiddling with the grass. You feel a gentle finger on your chin as Newt lifts your head to look into your eyes. Simply looking into his deep eyes send butterflies fluttering through your stomach.