Memories of Rainbows

Gally: A yelp of pain sends Gally's eyes shooting up to the closed door of the cockpit. Gally thinks he heard Brenda scream, but he can't be sure. Cautiously he walks up to the door, listening for anymore sounds of distress. A loud thud followed by a grotesque snarl sounds and Gally bursts through the door, ready to fight. Instinct kicks in promptly when Gally sees Brenda on the floor under Newt. Gally football-tackles Newt, pushing the sick boy's body away from the girl. Breda jumps to her feet chasing after a vial that is rolling back and forth across the floor. Newt spins, turning on Gally sending a powerful punch into Gally's face. Gally flips Newt over, pinning him onto his back. Newt grunts and growls and snarls at Gally, but try as he might, he can't escape the deadly strong grip. Brenda leaps over to Gally's side and inserts the contents of the vial into Newt's bloodstream. The diseased boy relaxes and recognition fills his face.

Thomas: Burning pain fills Thomas's senses. Teresa is talking to him but her words sound hazy and far away. The pain in his side spikes, clearing his mind enough to see Teresa bending over him, checking the wound in his stomach. "Oh no. No no no. Thomas you've been shot." Thomas sits up, "Yeah, duh." He forces out a laugh but stops immediately as pain rakes his insides. Thomas can see the worry in Teresa's eyes. Somehow this gives him comfort. The door flings open beside them, causing Thomas's heart to skip a beat. Teresa pulls him around the corner of a large desk. Thomas barely dares to breath. Heavy footsteps reveal Jansons entry into the room. "Thomas, come out come out wherever you are!" Janson says in a haunting, sing song voice. The cruel man's footsteps pause where Thomas and Teresa had sat just seconds before. "Thomas, you can't hide. I see the lovely little trail you've left behind for me." Th realization hits Thomas hard, his blood. Janson can see his blood. Thomas catches a glimpse of Janson's shadow, moving towards Thomas and Teresa's hiding place. Pushing past the pain of his gun wound, Thomas pushes Teresa around another corner. The two huddle next to a large glass wall. Thomas knows they can't hide forever, especially with him bleeding all over the place. He needs a plan, something to distract Janson long enough for them to make a run for it. Hollow sounding breaths distract him from his thoughts. He looks to Teresa to motion for her to be silent. But when he turns his head, a grotesque face is staring at him from behind Teresa. Thomas's heart jumps into his throat. He forces it back down, suppressing a scream. A Crank is staring him in the eye from behind the glass. But once he gets over his initial fear, an idea comes to mind.

 Newt: Reality comes rushing back into Newt's mind like a flood. Gally's face is staring down at him, searching for traces of the Flare. When he sees that Newt is himself again, he cautiously releases Newt's shoulders. Newt sits up as fear and guilt start to invade his mind. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please tell me I didn't hurt anyone." Gally gingerly feels his bloody nose, "Nothing serious." Brenda nods in agreement. Newt hangs his head in despair. "I can't control it. That bloody disease is taking control of my mind every second. I can't fight it anymore! I'm not strong enough." Newt's voice starts to crack with grief, "Look what I've become. I'm a monster. I just about killed Y/n, and now again I just attacked you." Newt's face changes, his once sorrowful face is now filled with rage. "Look at me! I never wanted this to happen! You should've left me in that burning city to die! Why couldn't you just kill me!?" Brenda, Gally, and Minho, all sit in silence. Not one of them can figure out what to say to this poor broken boy. Y/n would know what to say. Newt hangs his head, ashamed and afraid of what he has become. He's tired. It's been two and a half days since he's slept. He's been afraid that if he fell asleep, he wouldn't wake up again, not as himself anyhow. He begins to feel hopeless. But then something completely unexpected happens. Y/n's voice fills his mind, it's like it's far away, almost a memory. He focuses on it trying to find the source. The voice gets louder and he can hear that she's singing. Memories come flooding into his mind. The world around him goes dark as he's transferred into the world of this memory. He and Y/n are in a dark room, bare except a small night table, a dresser, and a bed which both Newt and Y/n are sitting. Newt is afraid, they're putting him up into the maze the next morning. But like always, Y/n is there for him in a time of need. "I can't tell you everything is going to be ok, Newt. I have no idea what will happen there. But you're strong, you can push through." Newt nods slowly fear still clouding his mind, until Y/n starts to sing. "Why are there so many songs about rainbows? And what's on the other side? Rainbows are visions, but only illusions and rainbows have nothing to hide." Y/n's voice is soft and melodic and Newt starts to feel his eyelids grow heavy. For once, he feels at peace. She continues, "So we've been told and some chose to believe it I know they're wrong, wait and see. Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." With a new sense of peace and safety, Newt falls asleep on Y/n's shoulder. Carefully and gently she lays him back on his pillow and pulls the blanket up to his chin. She smiles softly watching the boy's chest rise and fall. "Just in case I never see you again, just know Newt. I've always loved you." With that, she gives him a soft kiss on the cheek and leaves the room.

A/N: Hey guys, so so sorry I'm so late to post! I was unexpectedly very busy! You all should go check out brianawildee 's new series. She has an amazing story to tell that you all will love! So go check her out, and leave a vote and a comment to let her know what you think!