A Moment of Wonder

A/n: This one is a bit shorter because the next few parts of the story flow better together. Please enjoy, and let me know what you think!

 "Do you really think he's in there?" Newt asks skepticism in his voice, yet lined with a trace of hope. "I guess we'll find out." Thomas responds, with hope and fear ins own voice. After a second, Newt adds, "You know she's going to be there too." Your heart is invaded by a temporary burst of anger. Teresa, your would be friend who betrayed you and your friends. The reason you have to break back into WICKED'S walls to save Minho. The Betrayer. How did you not realize that you would probably have to see her again? You're not sure if you can restrain your self from landing a solid punch in her traitor face if you ever see her again. Then you think about how Thomas must be feeling. He loved her, and he may still lover her. The amount of anger and hurt residing within him must be so painful. You steal a glance at the two boys, Newt is standing next to Thomas, hair flying around wildly in the wind. But Thomas is standing completely still, you can see the hurt in his eyes. He looks at Newt with glossy eyes and nods. Without any words spoken the two of them turn back around and head over to the truck. Newt walks up to you and you start trying to fix his hair. "Nice hair." You say with a smug smile. You notice that he blushes slightly at your touch, causing a few stray butterflies to flutter through your stomach. "Come on you two, stop flirting. We have a Minho to save." Brenda shouts. You both laugh and climb into the trunk seeing as Fry and Thomas are taking up the only seats in the back. Newt puts his arm around you while you start to look at the minor injuries you received in the crank tunnel. While cleaning a cut on your arm, you feel Newt's arm that's around your shoulder twitch, although you don't think much about it. Newt helps you clean a cut from a shard of glass on the lower part of your stomach. "Thanks, Newt." You say sweetly, returning to your original position under his arm. "Of course y/n." He pauses to think a second then asks, "How's your back?" "It's just fine. No pain, no nothing." You say smiling at him. "Are you sure? I saw you check it before the tunnel..." You cut him off "Oh, that was just because of that dream I had." "Oh? You never told me what that was about." "It's nothing. Really. Just a nightmare." Newt looks skeptical but refrains from asking again. Although you know he's going to ask again at some point. But for now, you curl up in his arms and let sleep take over you. Just before you fall asleep, you feel him pull you closer, not wanting to ever let you go.