What Happened??

There aren't enough words in the human language to describe the incredible amount of joy you feel. It's like nothing you've ever felt before. It washes over you, taking complete control of you. And when you look into Newt's eyes, you can see the same joy filling him up, welling up in his eyes with tears. Overcome by joy, he leaps onto the bed pulling you into the tightest hug. You feel a dull sore pain in your abdomen but ignore it completely. It' doesn't matter anymore. Newt pushes himself off of you, allowing himself to hover above you. "Y/n, I thought I'd never see you again." His voice cracks as he tries to suppress the full force of his joy. You smile up at him. "Nah, you're stuck with me now." Newt laughs softly then whispers, "Good." He leans in, kissing you so delicately it's like he's afraid you'll break. Slowly, he starts to kiss you deeper and you return the kiss with all the relief and joy that's overflowing inside of you. He breaks the kiss, lovingly studying your face and life that now shines in your eyes. "I love you." He says placing a soft kiss on your forehead. You smile up at him, "I love you too." You pull him close to you and kiss him once more holding him close, never wanting to let go. Fire courses through your veins as passion flows between yours and his lips. Heat fills your gut as your kisses become desperate. But as the pain starts to shoot from the wound in your side you soften the kiss until it becomes sweet. Newt pulls away and sighs, "I need to let the doctor know you're awake." You nod in understanding as he rolls over, sliding off the bed. Before leaving the room, he smiles at you, "I'll be right back." Your face is covered in a huge grin. You don't have to wait long, soon Newt returns with a surprisingly large crowd of people. Brenda, Thomas, Gally, Minho, and Fry all tackle you into one big hug. Fry hugs you the tightest saying, "Oh Y/n, I thought we lost you!" Everyone else nods in agreement. You smile up at them, then you freeze. You don't remember what happened. The last thing you remember is Teresa's announcement that Thomas is the cure. Newt was passed out on the ground, nearly a full-blown Crank. You can only assume what happened next. Darkness clouds your eyes as you struggle to remember something more. Frustration and confusion invade your mind as you grasp at straws trying to find the memory. Lost in thought, your smile starts to fade. Your friends look at you with concern but Thomas speaks up. "What's wrong Y/n?" You shake your head, "What happened to me? I don't remember any of this." You say motioning to your extensive wounds. Everyone goes silent, not sure what to say. You see Newt look down at his feet, not meeting your gaze. Minho sighs, "Well Y/n, that's a very long story." 

    Minho explains everything, and the more he talks the faster the memories of what happened return. You now remember everything, but Minho isn't done talking. He starts to tell you more about what happened after you lost consciousness. He tells you about their battle to keep both you and Newt alive. He tells you about Thomas and Teresa. He tells you about the cure. Word after word Minho keeps spewing information from his mouth. It's all so overwhelming. Your mind has become so crowded with the excess of information you're afraid your head might explode. Each memory becomes deafeningly loud and you can no longer keep track of which is which. Minho's voice grows distant as you try to comprehend everything that he's saying. You start to get dizzy and light-headed, so you start to panic. You don't want to fall into another coma, that was the worst time of your life. Miserably sitting there not able to do anything while the world went on without you. You have to keep a grip on reality, you can't lose yourself again. Someone slaps you in the face, hard. Your mind clears as you're yanked back to the here and now. Minho is standing over you with concern covering his face. Newt is shouting at him, "Minho you just slapped her!" Minho turns to look at Newt, "Duh." You have to suppress a laugh when Newt throws his hands up in exasperation. "You can't just slap someone when they're having a bloody panic attack!!" Minho points at you, "Well it worked didn't it?" Newt looks at you and he falters. "Oh." You bite your lip, smiling at him. His face turns pink, "yeah I guess it did. Thanks, Minho." You can't hold it back any longer you let out what's supposed to be a giggle but it comes out as a snort. All of your friends turn to you wide-eyed in shock. Then all at once, they burst out laughing. Mid laughter you turn to look at Newt, but find that he's disappeared. Your smile falters slightly, but before anyone can notice the doctor comes up to the side of your bed. She's a pretty woman, with long, dark brown hair. She has a thin face with a lovely smile. "Alright that's enough, Y/n needs some time to think, and I need to check her vitals." All of them nod and one by one they all give you one last hug. But your thoughts remain on Newt. His whole demeanor changed when Minho told you about what happened. It kills you to think he still feels guilty about what he did. Even though you survived, he still feels the guilt of everything you went through. You would feel the same way. You have to get to him soon. You need to talk to him before he falls too deep inside his thoughts and guilt. The doctor turns to you. "Hi there, Y/n. We haven't officially met. I'm Lilly." You smile at the woman and shake her hand, "It's nice to meet you, thanks for taking care of me." She chuckles softly, your boyfriend did most of the work, he never left your side once for the whole three weeks." You grin at the thought of him being by your side all this time. Lilly gets to work testing your consciousness and your mobility. It looks like you'll have to wait to see Newt.  

A/n: I would love to see some suggestions of what you guys would like to see in the future of the Safe Haven! So please comment your suggestions! Also, thank you to everyone who has been voting and commenting! Keep it up!