Scream

Thomas: Brenda runs up to Thomas, handing him the serum. Immediately he turns tail, running back the way he came. Brenda and Minho follow suit, with Gally and Fry following close behind. They are all determined to save Newt.

Teresa: Sirens still wailing, Teresa runs down the hallways to find the security room. She has to talk to Thomas. The only way is through the city speakers.

You: Newt lays twitching on the ground, with Crank-like breaths shaking his body. Your whole body feels weak and powerless, but you can't give up now. You know you can't dead-lift Newt, so you start trying to drag him by the arms. You make it an agonizing three feet before collapsing to the ground. Then you lose it. Tears come pouring out of your eyes and the feeling of helplessness overtakes you. "Newt, please! I'm so sorry! I'm trying, Newt, I'm trying so hard!" You sob. Then, you let out a scream. Not just any scream, but a scream filled with anguish, frustration, hatred, hopelessness, fear, and grief. The scream bounces off the walls, filling the air with your grief. You scream until you can't scream anymore. When you finally go silent, the only things to be heard are Newts pained shallow breathing, your broken sobs, and distant gunfire.

Newt: Y/n is now taking on Newt's entire body weight. He can barely hear her strenuous grunts of pain over his own. Every step she takes shudders through his body filling his senses with pain. He's losing himself to the virus and he knows it. He fights to hold on, but his mind goes black, losing consciousness. He wakes yet again moments later, he's lost all control over his body, and he feels himself collapse to the ground. Every breath causes horrid pain as the black liquid grinds against his insides. He feels Y/n try and pull him by the arms but she collapses to the ground. He can hear her voice. He focuses on it, trying to distract himself so he doesn't lose his mind. She's crying, he can hear it in her voice. His heart breaks, he just wants to comfort her, pull her into a hug and tell her that everything will be ok. But he can't. Even though she's crying, he still thinks her voice is the most beautiful thing he's ever heard. But if he thought his heart was broken before, it was nothing compared to how he feels when she screams. He can hear it all. All the pain and suffering, the anguish and hate. All of it is let out and it tears him apart. He loves this girl more than anything. She is his everything. But she is broken. After everything, she broke. Newt can't fight anymore. All his strength is gone. Every last drop. As his mind slowly fades into darkness, he can think of only one thing. Y/n. 

 Thomas: A shrill gut-wrenching scream fills the air, flooding Thomas's senses. It's Y/n. After all this time, she broke. Thomas knows he needs to get there fast. She may not be able to hold off Newt if he attacks. Thomas's thoughts are interrupted by a voice that seems to come from everywhere."Thomas." Thomas recognizes the voice, it's Teresa. "Can you hear me?" She continues. "I need you to listen to me." Her voice is soft and melodic. Unknown to him he starts to slow down, entranced by Teresa's voice. He receives a shove from Minho and starts to run again, still listening to Teresa. "You have no reason to trust me, I know." She pauses, "But I need you to come back." What she says next stops him in his tracks, "Thomas, you can save Newt." Minho crashes into Thomas from behind. Teresa continues, and Thomas starts to run toward Newt once more. "There's still time for Newt. Brenda and Y/n never turned, and there's a reason. Your blood, Thomas. They aren't sick anymore, because you cured them." Thomas looks back at Brenda who looks just as shocked as he feels. Teresa continues, "You can cure Newt too. Just come back. Please. We can finally end this. I know you'll do the right th..." Her voice is cut off as all of the power in the city goes out.

You: It makes perfect sense, Thomas is the cure. To protect him, you burned the evidence. But now you have to protect Newt. You pick up your walkie and try to reach Thomas. "Thomas, you have to go back to Teresa. We need a cure. Please, you know I would never ask you to do this if I didn't think it was the only way. Please, Thomas."

Thomas: After receiving Y/n's message, Thomas knows what to do. He can hear the brokenness in her voice. He turns to Minho, handing him the vial. "Take this to Newt. It will hold him steady until I can get the cure." Minho nods, taking the vial. And Thomas turns once more, running to WICKED. He hears Brenda shout behind him, "Be careful!"

You: You wait for a response but never get one. You just hope that Thomas does the right thing. You hear movement behind you. Your heart starts racing. Slowly, you turn, fearing the worst. Newt is slowly rising to his feet. Facing away from you. "Newt?" He wobbles where he stands without responding. Slowly he turns his head. And there before you, stands a Crank.