Pt 13:

*Newt's POV*

The helicopter finally lands, after who knows how long of a flight. Thomas is asleep, and I think Minho is too. But no matter how tired I am I couldn't sleep. So many of us were lost the fight to leave the maze. Including three of my most favorite people. I finally found the courage to tell (y/n) how I felt about her, and now she's gone. The people who rescued us open the door of the helicopter and urge us into the doors of a new building. A tall man with short grey hair shows us to our new rooms while explaining what this place was. "Welcome to your new temporary home, My name is Janson and I'm the one in charge here. In a few minutes, you will be given a chance to clean up and put on some fresh clothes, you will also be given a nice warm bed and food. We're going to treat you right, unlike wicked. This is the resistance, we've been recusing kids like you from other mazes and delivering you to a safe house, where you can begin to live normal lives. We can only take a few every day, and those lucky few will be announced daily at breakfast." Janson stopped talking as he reached a door in the hallway. He opens the door and says, "Here are your sleeping quarters, enjoy a nice shower and a good night sleep and we'll see you tomorrow." At this Janson left the room. "I call top bunk!" Minho calls out immediately. The rest of us turn our attention to the beds and race to get the best ones. Once we all finish showering off, which felt amazing. We hop in bed, our thoughts filled with hopes of our new lives, and sadness of the lives we lost as we drift off to sleep.

*Your POV*

After several long minutes of waiting a man comes down the hall with a stretcher. Even though the stretcher is covered by a blanket you can tell the distinct form of a human body is under it. The man unlocks the door with his key card and walks in. "It's go time." You think to yourself vaguely remembering that line from a movie or something. As quietly as you can you jump down from the vent and stick your hand in between the closing doors. Then you wait. You don't hear any alarms go off so you relax. Suddenly you hear movement behind you. You whip around, your hand still stuck in the door just to see Aris. "Oh, it's you. You scared me." You say with a soft laugh. "Sorry, didn't mean too, nice job by the way." "Thanks!" The two of you pry the doors open and slip in following the man, who now you can see has short grey hair. You are so focused on being quiet that you don't notice your surroundings. You sense that Aris is no longer walking with you and you turn to look at him. He is looking at something, and his face had gone completely pale. You look to see what he's looking at and have to suppress a scream. Bodies, hanging in odd contraptions, line the room. The people inside are kids, your age. You can tell they're alive but not by much. You peel your eyes away from the horrific scene to see that the man is talking to someone on a hologram. You peer around the man's head to try and get a look at who he's talking to and your heart skips a beat. It was the woman you had seen back when leaving the maze, the woman who had killed herself. Something here was very very wrong.