The Seventh Summer

When Yoongi returned the next summer, his hair colour had changed...and so did he. And it wasn't a bad change, no, Jimin just noticed that his voice had gotten a little deeper, and it was a sound that sent shivers down Jimin's spine whenever he heard it.

Yoongi had also, in Jimin's opinion, gotten a lot more attractive. Yoongi's smile was different. He didn't just smile with innocence anymore, there was something else there, something...more grown up.There was something different in the way he walked. He stood closer to Jimin, but he also stood farther apart from him. Like he wanted to be close to him, but at the same time was afraid of something. He held his hand differently, and hugged him differently too. Yoongi would always lace their fingers together – like the way the couples on t.v. did – and he always hugged him "from above" as Jimin put it, which meant that instead of him being the one to wrap his arms around Yoongi's neck, Yoongi was the one wrapping his arms around Jimin's. It made him notice how much taller Yoongi had gotten. He held him differently, especially in bed. He either slept with his chest pressed against Jimin's back, or held him so that the younger could bury his face in the crook of Yoongi's neck. He noticed that sometimes Yoongi would stroke his hair, and kiss his forehead when he thought he was sleeping. He could have sworn once or twice that Yoongi mumbled something under his breath, but he could never quite figure out what it meant.

Maybe it was because Yoongi was sixteen now, and not a kid. Of course, that would be weird considering Jimin was fourteen. Was he still considered a kid? Maybe in the eyes of his parents, but to Yoongi? Jimin didn't want Yoongi to see him as a kid. If Yoongi saw him as a kid, that's all he would ever see him as. He wanted Yoongi to see him for him, teenage Jimin, not kid Jimin, because if he only saw him asa kid, he'd never see him being anything more to him. Jimin wanted to be more to Yoongi than a kid. He wanted to be with him, like the couples on t.v. And with every passing summer, he fell more and more in love with Yoongi, and Jimin was going to be heartbroken if he only ever saw him as a kid.