B.C: Returning

JIMIN BREATHED IN THE SALTY AIR CONTENTLY AS HE SAT ON THE EDGE OF THE PIER, WATCHING THE SAILBOATS IN THE EARLY MORNING. The sun was just beginning to rise over the waters, and already, some of the sailors were undocking their boats, getting ready for a day out on the water. Pretty shades of oranges and yellows covered the calm, still ocean, making it like a sheet of glass that reflected the morning sky.

Jimin had missed this. He missed the salty air, and the chirping birds. He missed the beaches and the way sand felt between his toes. He missed sitting on this pier and watching the boats sail past as he drew them. He missed going to markets, and getting ice cream, and experiencing the end of the summer fireworks festival. Jimin missed all of it in the past few years, and it felt good to be home.

It had been close to six years now, since Jimin and Yoongi had last been to the port, and that was for their wedding. It was a wonderful day, filled with beautiful memories, and joy. But since then, their lives had gotten a bit hectic. Yoongi's job as a music producer took off, as did Jimin's dance career, skyrocketing the two into the big leads. They dealt with all kinds of new work, responsibilities and challenges. And shortly after, they threw a baby into the mix by adopting their first son Hyunwoo, followed by their second son, Daewon, two years later. Raising two children took a lot out of them,and the two never really found the time to go back. But with Daewon turning four, things were finally slowing down a bit.

They didn't have to discuss location ideas when Jimin brought up the idea of going on a family vacation over the summer. They knew where they would end up, and the closer they got to that date on their calendar, the more excited he got. He told Daewon, and Hyunwoo everything he could about the port, even though the boys had already heard the stories – well, most of them. Yoongi stated that some stories weren't meant to be shared, and least not with children.

Regardless, Jimin shared countless stories with his sons, talking non-stop about the port. Yoongi often found himself standing a few feet away every time, listening to him tell his stories about his youth. He could never help the smile that stuck to his face with each one. Watching Jimin interact with their kids was heartwarming, and adorable.

The sun was hanging low in the sky and Jimin could hear the unmistakable sound of tiny feet pattering alone the dock behind him. It was easy enough for him to tell which one of his sons it was, based on the noise level. Hyunwoo popped up behind his dad, throwing his tiny arms around his neck and buried his face in his shoulder. His hair was still messy and sticking up all over the place. He was still dressed in his pajamas.

"Good morning," Jimin whispered, ruffling the boy's hair.

"Good morning," Hyunwoo whispered back. Jimin wrapped his arm around him, and pulled his son around so he could sit in his lap. He engulfed the boy in a bear hug. "What are you looking at?"

"I'm watching the boats," Jimin explained, pointing to all the sail boats that were now entering the water.

"Like daddy's tattoo?"

"Yeah, just like daddy's tattoo, only much much bigger,"

"They're pretty," the six year old mumbled, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"What are you doing up so early?" Jimin asked, running his hands through his son's soft locks. He was in need of a haircut, but wasn't so sure if he wanted to have his son's hair cut. He liked the look of his long hair. As did Yoongi and Jungkook who he was positive might kill him if he actually did cut his hair. Jungkook liked to play with Hyunwoo's hair a lot, and it gave him a lot of practice seeing as Taehyung was typically the one to do their daughter's hair. Jungkook lacked the skill to braid.