Prologue

It's been three hours since the last recorded disappearance. Over a thousand people have gone missing, in just one week from Chicago. Two hundred thousand people disappear everyday from all over the world. Nobody understands what's going on, the government pretends like they know what's happening, and they tell us lies and give false hope saying that they've discovered a way to solve it.
  My town used to be a peaceful place, sure if had the hustle and bustle of a city but I felt safe here. Now I don't feel safe walking to school or going to the mall with friends. Nobody does, everyone is terrified of what could happen to them.  Not only do you have to be afraid for your self but you have to be afraid for your friends and family but you're afraid for everyone else in the world. I know it's only a matter of time before they get my family, my best friends or even me.

I've lost 2 of my friends, Claire and Alex. They were both really smart, top of the class like me. It seems for every girl taken, they take a boy as well. It started with random people going missing but not too long after, the only people who were going missing were excellent fighters and people who are extremely smart. Not many people have noticed the pattern, but I do.

The world is in chaos and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it, but little did I know that my family was apart of something that could stop it, and yet they did nothing to save the humans of our world.

*AN- I know it's really short but I just wanted to give a brief into so that people can understand what the world that they are living in is like. I know this chapter is sucky, but I promise that I'm going to make the rest of the chapter better. So try not to judge it too hard based on this chapter.