Chapter 5 Addison

"Mom what are you taking about? What truth have you been keeping from me?" I cautiously ask my mom, becoming very confused with this turn of events.
"What have you lied to me about?!" I demand wanting to know the truth. She just looks over at me and says,

"Not here. I'll tell you where I'm sure no one can hear or see us." I nod knowing it's pointless to argue. She won't give me more information until we get to the place she seems safe enough. The drive was only about 10 minutes but I spent the entire time going over every single moment of my life. My mom pulls the car to a stop and I look around to see we're at a forest.

"Mom why are we here?" she just looks straight ahead, avoiding my eyes and says,

"Just get out of the car and follow me." As she starts to walk into the forest, I slowly get out of the car deciding to trust my mom. I follow her into the forest admiring the the scenery as we walk. She comes to an abrupt stop and looks up at the big tree.

"Climb up." She says as she points  up to the tree that's in front of us. I look over expecting for her to be joking, but when I see her face I realize she's dead serious. I contemplate her expression and sigh, I want answers and arguing with my mom won't give me them. I look up and start climbing the trees limbs. As a kid I was constantly climbing trees, I would pretend I was monkey and swing from brach to brach. As I got older I stopped, but climbing again just reminded me why I loved it so much. I climb with a smile on my face but once the beaches start to thin I stop and take a seat on a thick brach. When were both sitting on the branch she looks over at me and starts to talk.

"I guess I'll start from the beginning and keep in mind that what I'm about to tell you I kept from you in order to protect you. And I know it's going to be a lot to take in and your not going to understand it all but I need you to not interrupt and to trust me. Do you think you can do that for me?" I nod my head trusting my mother.
"When I was younger I met this man. At the time I didn't know that he was evil, he swept me off my feet and we had a whirlwind romance. We fell in love, or what I though was love but then one day I discovered that he had been lying to me the entire time I knew him. When I found out I was heartbroken and devastated. I told him I never enacted to see him again, and I thought that was the end. Not too long after I ended our relationship I found out I was pregnant..." she takes a long pause and looks at me with tears in her eyes. "... I was pregnant with you sweetie. As soon as I found out I knew I had to hide the truth because if your father ever found out he would have taken you from me and he would have made you become evil and do awful things just like him." My mom goes to grab my hand but I slowly take my hand out of her grasp. Her face falls but I can't seem to focus on that. The man I grew up thinking was my father, isn't actually and my actual father is some evil man.
"Are Charlie and May my half siblings then?" I ask hesitantly I don't know how else to react. My mom however slowly shakes her head.
"No they're your step siblings. I'm not Charlie and mays biological mother. After I found out I was pregnant with you I confided in my best friend Jay. His wife had been dead for 3 years and he was left with 2 little kids, Charlie and May. No matter who your biological father may be Jay is your dad. He was the one who raised you and took care of you and he is the one who loves you."  She says with a slight sob. If what she says is true then my whole life I've grown up thinking that Jay, Charlie, and May were my biological family but now it turns out they're not. But does it even matter? Just because we're not blood does not make them any less my family. With that thought in mind I look up at my mom.
"Why did you keep this from me? I deserved to know who my father was, even if he was some evil asshole. It should have been my decision whether I met him or not!" I know my mother didn't mean to cause me any harm but I should have been able to know who my biological father was.
"I was protecting you! Your real father is a bad man he would have destroyed you."
"You can't know that! Maybe having a kid would have changed the way he was! Either way I deserved to know long before know." My voice starts to raise in frustration, however my mother hang her head in shame.
"I know." She quietly whispers and I feel bad for loosing my temper with her. She was doing what she thought was right and if what she says is true and my father really wasn't a good man maybe I don't want to meet him.
"I forgive you." I say quietly as I grab my moms hand. She looks up at me with a slight smile and tears and her eyes and she whispers a thank you. I slowly drag a hand down my face. Discovering the man I grew up thinking was my father, is indeed not is a lot to tsk in but I don't think anything could have prepared me for the next words that cane out of her mouth.

"Honey unfortunately that's not the only thing I needed to take to you about today. There is another thing I have to tell you that's going to make me seem insane but I promise it's all true. But first I want you to know that the only reason I kept this all from you for so long is because I wanted to protect you from the danger that lay ahead, but now I realize that it's not possible. I just hope that by the end of this you won't hate me for keeping this from you for so long."  I slowly nod my head unsure of what else she could possibly tell me that would be bigger than the fact she hid the identity of my real father from me.  My mom takes a deep breath and repositions her self on the large branch we are sitting on, in order to look at me better.
"Like I said before that when I was younger I met your father, but before I met him there was a problem with your fathers kind and mine, and my world was in chaos. Before I had you and met your father I lived up in the sky in place that humans call heaven. But my home was not the place where dead humans souls went to find peace, it was where the angels lived. My kind used to be incredibly peaceful looking over the humans, protecting them and bringing joy to their lives with music, art and other forms or entertainment. We lived to find joy and we had no anger or hate. But over time some of my kind started to change. They became so obsessed with the humans and started to adopt some of their more negative emotions. The council in order to stop this change gave the ones who were changing an option.  They could either change their ways and go back to the way they used to be or they would be stripped of their wings and sent to a place where all they had was the bad emotions they so clearly wanted. Most decided the loss of their wings was not work the price of anger, hate, lust, or jealousy and so they distanced themselves from the humans. However some did not like the ultimatum the council provided and tried to sneak away with having both. The council found them on earth and tripled their wings where they stood and left them on earth to their own devices. The council having believed the problem solved did not anticipate the retaliation that would occur. This is when the Great War happened. It was between the angles and the demons who had teamed up with the fallen angels. The war was bloody and devastating we lost a lot but we can out on top. The council decided that if something like this was to ever occur again that we would not be able to survive it. We came to an agreement with the demons that any of our angles that decided they did not want the life of an angel and in turn wanted to become s demon would be granted the choice on their 18th birthday. Peace once again was restored and my kind was slowly able to get back to where it once was. However not everyone was appeased by the ruling, the fallen angels having felt cheated out of the victory they wanted became even more hateful and angry. But without the support of the demons their was nothing they could do. Until one day a man came up with a plan to lead the fallen angels to the victory they so desperately wanted. That man was your father, and his plan was to produce a child made from a very strong angel on both sides. This way the child would possess the powers over both sides. And sweetie that child is you, your father tricked me into a false relationship in order to create his perfect little weapon. He didn't anticipate that I would find out and end it before he found out if it worked, but some how he found out that I was pregnant with you and he is the father. And now he's coming for you."