Chapter 6 Addison

I look at my mother and burst out laughing. She's got to be kidding me, did she actually think I would fall for this ridiculous story? However my laughing stops when I see the look on my mothers face. She truly believes this story to be true.
"Mom I think maybe we need to look at getting you some professional help. Cassidy's mom knows..." I start to say but my mom abruptly interrupts me.

"I'm not crazy sweetie, I'm telling you the truth! I said this would be hard to understand but you have to believe me." I shake my head no it's just not possible for this all to be real.
"Mom your just talking nonsense." I grab her arm and start to stand but then remember I'm on a tree branch and my mom is closer to the trunk then I am. I suddenly understand why she told me to climb the tree and go up first. There's no where for me to escape, man she's sneaky. I look down to see how far the jump is and realized any attempt in jumping would result in at least a broken leg.

"Mom you need to let me get down so I can call dad to come and get you. We will help you get better." but deep down a part of me believed what my mom was saying, I just shook it off I can't go looking my mind now too my mom needs help.

"No I'll even prove it to you." she can be so stubborn, guess I know where I get it from. She stands up and puts her arms out like they were wings.

"Mom sit down before you fall!" I scream panicked for her. Is she trying to kill her self?

"No I have to prove to you I'm not lying!" and with that she jumps off the tree and all I can do is watch my mom plummet down wards.

"MOM!!" I scream. I don't look knowing I can't see her hit the bottom.

"What were you saying about Angels and Demons not existing?" I slowly open my eyes and see she's right in front of me with the most beautiful white wings I've ever seen flapping behind her!

"What.. how?.. This doesn't make any sense how is this even possible?" I am so confused right now. My mind is all jumbled up and I can't think straight. I start to feel light headed and slowly move my body closer to the trunk of the tree so I can get some more support.
"Okay mom where are the cameras? You can come out now. I'm not buying it!" I silently pray that this is all fake. It has to be fake this can't be real.

"Sweetie it's not fake here you can touch my wings and feel for strings or whatever else you think was used to fake it, but they are real." she says as she moves closer to me so I can touch her wings.

I stick my hand out and run my fingers over her feathers. They are so soft and delicate, like if I was to put a little bit more pressure on it they would break.

"Sweetie don't be scared, you won't hurt me by touching them." she says as she takes my hand in hers.

"Do you believe me now?" I nod knowing there's no way I can deny the fact that she's telling the truth. No matter how much my kind screams at me that this can't be real, theres no logical explanation for this.

"Okay so where was I?" she thinks for a minute trying to remember where she left of.

"Something about my dad." I say trying to remember what she said.

"Oh right, I want to give a little more information on your father.  When your father was about 20 he started to crave power, he wanted to be higher up in our council, he wanted to be at the top. But when the council denied him a spot because he wasn't very powerful he lost it. He tried to kill all the people in charge and he started a fight he could not win. He was able to kill 3 people that were on the council and 15 innocent Angels and 4 of them were children. The head council member attacked him and was able to capture him, he was banished to the underworld for his crimes-" her voice breaks and she takes a shaky breath lowering herself bake on to the branch and she retracts her wings. I watch in amazement as they slowly fold back somewhere into her back. I'm snapped back at to the matter at hand when I hear my mothers shaky voice.
"One of the council members he killed was my father, he was doing his best to protect the people and get them all to safety, he wasn't paying enough attention to the threat at hand, and Azreal stabbed him in the back. 4 years later I turned 18, I chose the Angels. I wanted to make my father proud, so I trained my hardest each day and pushed my self till I was about to drop from exhaustion each and everyday. I did that because the day he killed my father I swore that I would make him pay. I started discovering my powers and was getting stronger and stronger each day, the council started to take an interest in me and my abilities, they started showing up to watch me train. When I turned 20 they gave me a position as a council member and I accepted. To become a council member is not easy, you have to complete many tasks to show you are capable and you are loyal.

My first task was to help out among the humans with different things. While I was helping out my last assigned person I saw your father. It wasn't till later on that I discovered that he had lied and disguised him self. After we got married we had you, when you turned 5 he told me the truth. All along I thought he was human but what he is is much worse, he was a demon! He told me that he would leave them for me, that he would beg his leader to make him human. He never waited for my response he just left.When he got back he was covered in blood. His leader told him he wouldn't do it so your father killed him and he became the new king, but before he killed him the leader  got a vision of the future. He told your father that I did not love him anymore because he had lied and manipulated me. That man was right, and after your father left to go ask to become human I started packing are bags. I was so upset that he lied to me but I was even more upset with my self for believing him and not seeing through his disguise. I was also furious knowing that the man who murdered my father had been with me for so long! I wanted to kill him the minute he returned but demons have speed and in order to kill him I would have had to put you down and that risked him getting you. So I contacted the council and told them everything they said it was not my fault, and they understood because that was his power. He had the power to manipulate the mind of anyone he wanted. They told me I had to pack my things and get me and you out of there now. As soon as I hung up he entered the room. He screamed at me saying I couldn't leave and especially not with you, he told me he could feel your power coming off you so strongly but he couldn't tell if it was good or bad. He was going to take you and train you to use it for evil, I was so scared but I couldn't show emotion, so I put on a brave face and told him that he would never be able to get his hands on you and use your powers for evil. He told me how wrong I was and just for that he was going to torture me and that I would become his servant for the rest of my life. I laughed in his face even though I was terrified of him, I put in a brace face and I told him to go back to the underworld and leave us alone and then I willed us to heaven. But from everything that happened I passed out. 6 hours later when I woke up they had a meeting on everything that happened. The topic of my crimes was ended almost instantly because of your fathers power but if anything ever came up that I lied I would be sentenced to death for treason. But then the topic of what to do with you came up, I begged them to let you live because it wasn't your fault. They eventually agreed but if you ever turned to the demons and joined them they would be able to kill you on sight just like any other demon. I decided to raise you in the mortal world to take you away from all of the Angels and Demons, to let you live a normal life for as long as possible. I thought that by removing you from that world that I could stop you from becoming part of it. I know it was stupid of me but I secretly hoped that you wouldn't have any powers and that your father was just crazy, I wanted it to be true so badly that I began to forget that it was true until your eyes changed. They changed into the angel green but they also had the demonic black."