Chapter 7 Addison

My eyes widen in understanding, that's why she panicked when I tuned 10 and my eyes had suddenly changed colour over night. I had never given it much thought, at the simple age of 10 something as small as that was never a concern. However as I got older I would sometimes wonder why I had to hide what my eyes truly looked like, but never once did I think to question the change. I subconsciously raise my left hand up to my eye, gently running it along the side of my face.

"My eyes represent that I have both angel and demon blood running through my veins don't they?"she nods her head slowly as her eyes scan my face, however I am unsure of what it is she is looking for.
"I'll answer all of your questions at the end but I'm not finished with my story yet. Okay?" I nod as I close my eyes, how much more could there possibly be? I wasn't sure how much more I would be able to handle, as it was my head felt like it was going to explode .
"When your eyes first changed I was so mad, all the memories of your father and everything he did to me just came flooding back. I wanted to kill him for everything he did to me and my family, so I decided to hide you as best as I could, its the reason I made you wear those contacts." I can tell this conversation is very upsetting for her and I can't help but feeling bad for all the pain my mother has endured because of me.
"Mom we can continue the conversation another day if it's too much right now." I say as gently as possible.
"No no I'm almost done anyways, but I'm done talking about your father until another time. Okay?" I nod.
" There is a prophecy about you, I have it mesmerized because it involved you. Listen carefully okay?" I nod again.
"The first child born with the blood of an angel and the blood of a demon, will be in control of power beyond belief.  Immense power flows through her veins, powers never before seen or even heard before of the child. The child will be unstoppable neither light nor dark could measure up to her abilities, no matter how many face off against her. The child should be feared by all because it is unclear which side she will choose.
That has been predicted for over 2 hundred years. Many parents told their leaders that their baby girl is the one of the prophecy, but all have lied. Addison that child is you. You will either be the destruction or the savior of our 2 races." I slowly blink my eyes unable to process all this information. How do I have this much power? I'm just an ordinary 17 year old girl, no this can't be right it cant! I'm not powerful at all!
"Sweetie I know what you are thinking, but this is the truth. You are extremely powerful, I can feel your power it is unlike anything I've ever felt before." How did she know what I was thinking, my face only shows shock and my mind feels numb from all of this information that she has thrust upon me.
"Your thoughts are not protected right now, which is weird because I have never once before been able to get into your head it's always blocked up."
"But I never even knew people could get into my head! How would I be able to block them out!?"
"I don't know sweetie but you are unusual as are your powers. You may have defensive magic." she says excitedly.
"What's defensive magic? Mom you talk to me as if I have a clue as to what you're talking about." I'm starting to feel a bit exasperated, she talks to me as if i know everything about this world, but I'm struggling to understand the small part she has told me about and it's just so much information to process. My mother winces a bit at my tone, but does not scold me on my behaviour. She just looks down as she nods her head in understanding.
"Defensive magic is the rarest type of magic there is, It is extremely useful during battle since the primary type of magic is offensive. It makes protecting yourself and others extremely easy, although I would say that if you do you also have offensive magic." she says and then looks down at her watch and her eyes widen slightly at whatever time it is, and she quickly looks over at me, "Come on sweetie we have to get going. The fastest way down is to fly, so I'm going to need you to make your wings appear." she quickly says to me as she turns back around and jumps out of the tree, extending her beautiful white wings from her back. I stare in shock that the spot my mother once occupied. How can she just expect me to be able to do something I didn't even think was possible up until she told me today. I can't do this, my mind is still numb as it tries to process everything I've been told, and I'm about 3 seconds away from having a panic attack. I slowly move my body forward near the end of the branch to the spot my mom had just occupied.  I look down towards the ground in order to tell my mother that I can't do this, and that I will climb my way down, but I leaned too far forward and my body fell out of the tree. My eyes widen in shock at the feeling of free falling and I let out a small scream. I quickly shut my eyes tight as I prepare for the inevitable crash of my body connecting with the ground. However as i continue to fall I realize something I never thought possible, as I fall through the air I notice how at peace I feel. It's as if my body knows that it belongs in the sky, even though my mind is screaming that I'm going to die. Once this realization strikes me I stretch out my arms and with it I feel something shift in my back and 2 wings are released from my back and my body is swept upwards. I open my eyes as a light laugh is released from my mouth, I look down and realize how close I was to crashing onto the forest floor and for some reason I am struck with another need to laugh. I look over to my mother with a twinkle in my eye and a laugh on my lips, however it is quickly diminished as I see the look on her face as she stares at me. 
"I didn't think this was possible." My mother mumbles as she stares at me in amazement, however I stare at her in confusion. "What's not possible mom?" She gives a quick shake to her head as she stares at my face intently. 

"You shouldn't have access to your wings until choosing day on your 18th birthday. I thought you would have just climbed down, after realizing I didn't tell you how to release your wings." she says to me a little bit louder than her last sentence and her eyes shift back to my wings and her eyes narrow a bit at the sight.

"Mom whats the matter with my wings?" my voice has a slight waver to it. I don't want to be anymore different from the rest of the angels than I already am. "My darling girl there is nothing wrong with your wings, your just more powerful than I ever could have imagined. And by the looks of your wings in makes sense why you have access to them now and not on choosing day. You were made from both sides and you have been blessed with the abilities from both. It shows on your wings." my eyes scrunch together as I ponder what she just said, "What shows on my wings?" I ask her but my mother does not respond and her eyes just shift back to my wings. I turn my head in order to get a look at the wings that are keeping my a float in the air, and i finally see what she sees. 

Each feather is white at the base and slowly fades to a grey and then at the very tip is black. However small the portion of black may be I now understand why my mother cannot stop starring. My wings are just one more reminder to the fact that my blood is not purely good. I turn my head back to look at my mom and I feel the tears start to blur my vision, and I attempt to hold back a sob. My mother sees the change in my emotion and quickly shakes her head out of whatever thoughts she was having and quickly flies closer in order to pull me into a hug. She mumbles soothing words into my ear as she stokes my hair. "Oh my darling girl do not fret the colouring of your wings mean nothing to me, and I will love you no matter what choice you make. I will always be your mother and you will always be my daughter." I close my eyes as I let out a small sigh. Hopefully my wings change nothing, I don't want to be seen as the bad guy, I only want to do what is best for the people I love and the defenseless humans who have no one to protect them.