Chapter 2 Addison

"Shh sweetie it's okay, your okay." My mom mumbles into my hair as she hugs me. I slowly pull away and look up into my moms fearful eyes.

"Mom there was more this time, I saw what comes after the running, I saw the ending." I say as silent tears still make their way down my cheek as I remember what I did to those men. Even if they were bad no one should die like that. My mom takes a deep breath before speaking.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I nod and tell her everything that happened after the running. I tell her how I killed 14 men without even touching them and what I did to the other guy who I let live. When I'm done I look over at her to see that she looks really upset, I know why I am upset but it was just a dream it shouldn't effect my mother so, unless she believes her eldest daughter is truly messed up in the head.

"Mom are you okay?" I ask concerned now, I don't want her to think any differently of me because of this messed up dream I had. She just stares off into space and then nods her head. All of a sudden her mood does a 180 and she becomes extremely  happy.

"Since its your 17th birthday tomorrow and I know you're going to hang out with your friends, but do you want to go out for dinner tonight? Just the 2 of us?" She seems really excited about this. How could I say no?

"Sure mom that would be great!" I say as excited as I can.

"Good good, I also have something very important to tell you but you have to wait till tonight."I groan in frustration
"Come on mom you know I hate surprises!" now I'm annoyed, but she just laughs at my reaction. "I know sweetie that's why I'm making you wait." I should have known that she would be the one to leave me in suspense.

"Now get your lazy butt out of bed so you won't be late for school, that wouldn't be very good considering you just had a week off while the school had to fix some issues!" And with that said she makes her way to my door. After she's gone I quickly get myself dressed in a pair of navy blue skinny jeans and a turquoise T-shirt. I go into the bathroom. That's attached to my room, and brush my long red hair. When I'm finished brushing my hair I put it into a bun and put it in a pair of earrings. Then I apply some concealer to hid the bags that now rest under my eye from my lack of sleep, I then put on some mascara and some pink lip gloss, and head downstairs for breakfast.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs I'm hit with the smell of something delicious and sweet. I run into the kitchen, to see my mom and dad making waffles, and Charlie and May eating a whole stack of them. I grab a plate and put a waffle on it, I then grab the maple syrup, a handful of strawberries and some  whip cream and pile it on my waffles before sitting down at the table.

"Good morning Addy, hope you enjoy your breakfast, we made your favourite." my dad says quite cheerfully considering it's early in the morning and I likely woke everyone up from their peaceful sleep with my not so peaceful screaming.

"Thanks, I guess. Have there been anymore disappearances?" I ask my dad hoping the answer is no, but knowing that I'm just leading my self up for disappointment. However it's Charlie my younger brother that answers me.

"There have been a couple hundred more people missing." I sigh this is insane the amount of people that go missing each day is crazy. I look over at my parents and they're both looking at each other as if they could communicate their thoughts to each other with a simple look.

"They've been doing that all morning, and have been acting really weird since mom went to wake you up from your nightmare." May whispers noticing my confusion. I only nod at my little sister, I can't help but feel as if my parents are keeping something from us, but I have no idea what it could be. I finish up my first waffle and as I reach to grab another I look over at the time and leap from my seat.