Whos Eric?

Billie’s POV

"I'm so lonely" I yell into the sky, taking a big swig from my beer bottle. Mike chuckles beside me.

"Then get yourself a girlfriend, dick magnet"

 I hear Tre scoff as he rests his head on my shoulder.

 "He has me and plus, Billie can't get a girlfriend" Tre teases. I laugh, pushing him off and throw my empty bottle in the already littered lake.

 "I don't know, I guess I'm just..." I knew I was going to regret finishing my sentence. "...shy"

 Mike and Tre howl in laughter, spilling the alcohol and grabbing their sides. I roll my eyes and stand up, embarrassed by my words.

"Fuck you" I murmur and make my way over to the bag to grab another beer.

"But seriously Beej, at least TRY and get a girlfriend" Mike says, wiping tears from his eyes.

That was easy for him to say. Smooth Mike, always picking up the ladies with his sly comments and flirtatious voice. He's already been through a couple girlfriends so he doesn't understand my... Issues.

Tre sprawls out onto the grass, his hands behind his head. "Grab me another beer dear?" He asks closing his eyes. I smile while shaking my head, giving Tre my unopened beer.

Surprisingly enough, Tre is pretty good with girls too. He's making people laugh all the time so why not use that to an advantage. I'm pretty sure girls dig guys who can make them laugh.

I walk over to the half-gone railing, protecting the river and lean my head in my hand. The stars are pretty bright from where we were. Since the cities big, there aren't many places when you can relax from cars or annoying-ass people. Down off the main road, on the city boundaries, the 3 of us found a little grass clearing. It wasn't that big, but it was protected by the huge concrete walls separating our city to the rest of the world. I think if you walk down further there are cliffs or something but we're always too lazy to explore further. I'm hoping to get out of here one day, make it big. I hope the band I'm in at least gets a record deal. I'd lose my mind if I had to play at another diner or a bar full of drunken 40 year old men going through a midlife crisis. Just one more year until I get to drop out of school and travel the country playing my music. Never being out of Oakland really pisses me off.

I sigh, thinking through my options. I'm kind of desperate for a girlfriend, but I want to focus on getting the fuck out of here and playing in the band. I know Tre and Mike really want to be successful. I'm neither smooth nor funny so if I wanted to get a girlfriend I would have to be... Myself. I shudder, and not from the cold. Yeah, I'm an asshole. A loud mouth, obnoxious, asshole is what everyone calls me. But I couldn't help it. Mom said dad used to be like that when he was my age but I'm hoping to grow out of it like he did.

 "Oi beej, stop having dirty fantasies and get over here!" Mike yells, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, yeah" I tiredly reply and trudge my way back over to the boys. This was going to be a shit-faced night.

 A/N Sorry for short chapters, later on in the book the chapters get longer!

Vote, Comment, Share

Stay Tre Cool