I'm Beginning To Think Oprah Likes Fencing

Billies POV

“Saph??” I cry into the phone. “Sapphire?!”

It’s been 5 minutes and still no reply. I pace back and forward in my room, nervously. What if something’s happened? What if she got taken? Hit by a car? Killed? My heart starts racing at the thought of Sapphire getting hurt.

Why are you still standing around, idiot? Go see if she’s okay!

I listen to my subconscious mind and hastily rip my bedroom door open. I run down the stairs and almost smash my front door as I run into the night. The cold air whips me harshly but I keep sprinting along the street. My body is shaking and perspiration has just started to form over my torso and forehead. I wipe at it with the sleeve of my grey hoodie and roughly turn the corner, skidding my converse against the ground.

My running comes to a stop in front of an alley way and I lean over with my hands on my knees, trying to get my breath back. As I start to take in my surroundings, I notice the piece of technology lying on the pavement.

Sapphires phone.

My breath quickens and my heart begins to race as I shoot up, darting my arms around the area to find any more evidence of her.

“Sapphire!” I cup my hands over my mouth, calling into the silent night. I fall down on my knees in defeat and I feel tears prick at my eyes.

What is this? You haven’t cried since you were young, since your father-

“B- Billie” A groan snaps me out of my thought. I slowly turn to the dark alley way, my breath slowing down drastically. I stand and start to move towards the alley way.

“S- Sapphire?!” I quietly say.

“H- Help m- me” The voice says. I clench my jaw and enter the alley way fully.

As my eyes adjust to the dimness of the night, the sight in front of me is a sight that I will never forget.

“Sapphire” I cry out, running towards the limp, curled up body lying on the floor. I kneel down next to her. “Saph” I whisper, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her onto my lap. She immediately holds onto my shirt tightly and starts to sob into my grey hoodie.

“Fuck” I mumble, stroking her hair. “W- Was it them?” I hesitantly ask. Slowly, Sapphire looks up to me. The once strong girl now had a tear streaked face, trembling and cut lip and deep eyes full of fear. She tries to get the words out but the tears start escaping before she can reply.

“I’m so fucking sorry” I breathe, feeling tears build up and cloud my vision. She starts to shake her head and uses a shaking hand to wipe away my escaped tears. “Sapphire, I’m so fucking sorry” I repeat, a sob escaping my throat.

“No” She croaks. “it’s okay” She tries to smile at me, but I know she’s full of pain.

“Stop saying you’re okay when I know you aren’t” I plead. “You do that a lot”

“I know” She looks down. I see her shiver, so I carefully put her beside me and pull of the hoodie from my body. I hold her body upright and attempt to put the jumper on her body without hurting her further.

“I gotta get you cleaned up” I say, looking into her sad eyes. She licks her lips and looks down. “Where does it hurt?” I ask cupping her cheek with my hand.

“Everywhere” She smiles. I smile back at the quote from me when I got beat up and she was there for me.

“Can you walk?” I ask again. She hesitantly shakes her head before biting her lip, cutely. I take my hand off her check and put it around her back. With the other arm hooked under her legs, I carefully pick her up bridal style. She nuzzles into my black t-shirt and I walk out of the alley way. I ignore the cold nipping through the thin, cotton t-shirt and focus more on the hurt girl in my arms.