Beep Boop

Sapphires POV

“Saph!” Thalia cries, running over to me. Her arms cling to my neck and I almost topple backwards. I groan in pain trying to politely push her off me.

“Thalia- In pain here” I wince, finally getting her off.

“What the fuck is going on?” She pulls me into the girls’ bathrooms. “I get a call from Billie at like midnight saying I have to lie to my mom about you staying over? Why were you at Billie’s house? Why are you in pain?” Thalia rambles, her arms almost flapping.

“Keep your voice down” I seethe. “I’ll explain everything buy you can’t tell anyone” I grab onto her shoulder, sternly. She nods her head eagerly, expecting me to tell her what’s been happening.

“I got beat up…” I trail off. Thalia’s eyes widen before not letting me explain anything else.

“Why were you beat up? What the fuck?!” She steps back, her hands flying to her head.

“If you want me to fucking explain then shut your mouth” I shush her, growing extremely impatient.

“Okay, I’m sorry. Go on. I won’t interrupt” She lets out a breath.

“Billie, Mike and Tre are drug dealers. They sell the drugs and give some of the profit to their suppliers. They needed some extra money so they used the drug money…” I bite my lip and close my eyes in frustration. “The dudes found out and weren’t happy. Now they’re threatening them and stuff because they want the money” I open my eyes finally after finishing, and look to Thalia’s surprisingly blank face.

“Oh my God.” She mutters, shaking her head. “Do you have any idea how illegal this is?!”

So she doesn’t care that I was left in an alley way, half dead. Only at the fact that what I was becoming involved in was very illegal. What a considerate friend.

“Yes, I do Thalia” I sigh. Thalia shakes her head again, only more disappointed this time. She looks at me up and down once again, obviously knowing I was wearing Billie’s shirt. She picks up her bag and pushes past me out of the bathroom.

My heart starts to beat uncontrollably in my chest. My anxiety is coming back and I bet it’s here to stay. I feel tears prick at my eyes and my hands fly up to grab and pull at my hair. I stumble backwards and hit the wall. Hot tears start to stream down my face as my back starts to drag along the cold tile wall.

As I hit the ground, I let my sobs escape freely. I haven’t cried like this in ages. Some of the best and worst things have happened to me since I’ve met the boys. I know deep down that I wouldn’t take anything back. It seems like they’ve grabbed my shoulders, screamed life into my lungs and are hurting me while I’m having the time of my life.

And I think I’m addicted.

Billies POV

There was no point trying t get to first period. I wasn’t in the mood for science anyway and especially not since Hayley was in that class.

To say I was avoiding her was an understatement. I’ve almost completely erased her from my mind except for my phone blowing up from missed calls and ignored text messages. I know there’s a voice eating away at the back of my mind that wants to spend time with her, to treat her like a proper girlfriend. But how about she treats me like a proper boyfriend? Maybe this was how a relationship works, but I just hate the shit out of it.

I rub over my tired eyes, trying to wake myself up from staring directly at the blazing sun. I flop my arms around me on the grass, deep in thought. Telling the boys about what happened to Sapphire was almost unbearable. Tre was blaming himself because he’s the one that brought her into the car chase. It made the ache in my chest soothed knowing that Tre thinks it’s his fault. Even though I know that it is 100% my fault and I’m an awful friend.

I never realised how much I cared for Sapphire until she was put in a dangerous situation. I feel as if I would be lost without her. It’s weird to think how much my life has changed in the past months. Last year, I wouldn’t have given Saph a second glance in the hallway. I mean, I knew of her. But I wouldn’t ever think I would be situated with her. If I knew last year that this was me this year, the past me would beat the shit out of this me.

The bell for the finish of first period rings out overhead, and a deep sigh escapes my lips. I slowly stand up from the grass and trudge my way back to the school hallway. As I enter, I get scared looks from people inside. This was normal to me. The “Bad Boy” of the school was always an intimidator. Little did they know that maybe I was a broken boy on the inside of a tough guy image. Only Sapphire has really seen what I’m like, and she hasn’t judged. Maybe everyone else won’t judge.

I turn a corner and start to make my way to the back of the school. I’m probably gonna ditch class and fuck around at the school with the boys for the rest of the day. As I raise my head, I see the familiar red flannel. Sapphire.

As I’m coming closer, she looks up from her locker. The redness of her eyes show straight away that she’d been crying. A pang of guilt hits me in my already aching chest. Her eyes widen and quickly look down back to her locker. My eyebrows furrow.

She’s avoiding me.

She’s giving up on me. Just like everyone else has.

I clench my jaw and continue to walk down the hallway, ignoring the fact that I feel like I’d been punched in the chest 32 times. If we’re gonna talk about this, I need to be ready.

And to be ready I’m gonna need a lot of fucking beer.

 A/N Sorry for the short filler chapter. By Friday the 30th, this book will be finished. YES THERE WILL BE A SEQUAL! I'm not sure whether to start a new book or just put the sequal in here so who knows! Follow my instagram @billiejoefinestrong I always follow back anld post throughout witing chapters and stuff.

Vote, Comment, Share

Stay Tre Cool