Broken Promises And Dirty Looks

Sapphires POV

I was welcomed into my second period English class by a greasy from my bestest-friend Hayley Williams. I hated how a boy was tearing us apart but she's the one being irrational. I'm not surprised that the man himself hasn't shown up to this class either. Probably getting high with Tre and Mike. I'm not sure where I stand with Billie anymore. I mean, yeah I'm scared shitless from being alone since I know that... that could happen again. I think Billie will try and distant himself from me. Mike tells me he does that when he needs to think. So he's avoiding both Hayley and I. I guess we're kind of both losers in the situation at the moment.

My mind was too clouded with thoughts to be able to listen to the teacher ramble on about the book we were studying. I could only think about what's going to happen next. I would love to go to LA with Billie, but maybe he doesn't want to take me anymore? Maybe he'll take Hayley instead. I look over to Hayley, sitting bored in her seat. I begin to look at her, taking in every detail possible. We've already established that she's beautiful- I can't help but think about when we first met. 7th grade, her boyfriend was a friend of mine from elementary school. Kind of ironic how we met eh? We were almost inseparable. I shared with her my love for bands and she responded amazingly. I don't really know why this time she would be so jealous of her boyfriend and me hanging out. I always hung out with her boyfriends. How is this any different?

The lesson seemed to drag on for hours. I feel as if one side of the party of the groups I was in, a weight would be lifted off my shoulders. I of course didn't want to lose Hayley and Thalia, my best friends for ages but I also didn't want to lose the three boys that really made me feel alive. They made me feel like a proper teenager Graffiting subways, discovering abandoned warehouses, staying up all night talking about the things we hate, the list could go on. I never did any of that stuff with Hayley and Thalia, although when we were 13 we said we would. Broken promises and dirty looks. That best describes my friend.

The bell finally rings out, but all my excitement for the end of class had been drained. I had math class next which meant facing Tre. I knew that Billie would tell Mike and Tre about the incident. I just don't' want him worrying over me. I slowly stand from my seat and gather my books tiredly in my arms. My ribs still throbbed in pain, but I tried to ignore it and saw it as a punishment to myself. I slowly walk towards the classroom door, ignoring the strange look from the teacher who was still sitting quietly at her desk.

I jump back in fright at the sight of Hayley, waiting outside the door of the classroom.

"I don't know what you've done to make Billie ignore me" She spits. I smirk at her attempt to be intimidating. I've always been taller than her, which makes me happy about it for once.

"Listen short stack, I haven't said anything to Billie about that. He's doing it on his own accord. Because y'know, I'm a good friend" I seethe, turning my back to her. I smile to myself once again, walking down the hallway. That's probably the meanest I've ever been to Hayley's face. All my other chances had been when Billie was around and I didn't want to be a bitch to his girlfriend right in front of him.

I'm still smiling to myself as I'm at my locker, gathering my math books. I look to the pictures stuck to my locker door. One night the four of us found a Polaroid camera in a trash pile when we were exploring the dump. We of course did the most mature thing and used up the rest of the film. There were Tre's selfies, Mike's creepy stare and the one photo that stuck out to me the most.

Flashback

"Here!" Billie calls over to Tre, who was currently sticking the camera down his pants. "Take a photo of Saph and me!" He has a huge grin on his face. I smile at him before walking over so we can take the photo. Tre held the camera up ready to take the photo. Billie looks at me before snaking an arm around my waist and holding me to him as soon as Tre takes the photo. I blush, taken aback and confused why Billie would do that. He jogs over to Tre and takes the small square that slid out the camera. He starts to shake it and cup it in between his hands and I walk over to him to take a look.