There Is A Man Over There Sitting Naked In A Chair

I AM SUNBURNT AS FUCK. HALP.

The presence of Hayley at my side was almost like a dream as we walked to my car. A rush of embarrassment flushed over me as I realised the probably grotty truck that was parked outside a pristine house. Hayley didn’t take any notice of it and hopped into the passenger seat. Starting the truck, I smile at the bush Sapphire is hidden by, and hope she sees me.

As we drive along, Hayley is staring out the window, her hands neatly folded in her lap. I couldn’t believe I was doing this. I was actually going on a date with Hayley- and she wanted it!

I suddenly get an idea. Taking out my phone, I scroll through my music until I reach Blink-182. I select a song, waiting for it to play through the cars speakers

“In the car I just can't wait, to pick you up on our very first date…”

I turn to Hayley, a goofy smile on my face. She just stares back blankly, not understanding the song.

“What?” She asks, still confused.

I immediately regret my decision.

“Oh, um. I-it’s a song called First Date… I thought it would be funny…” I turn back to the road, my face growing red.

“Oh... Right. Sorry, I don’t really know songs by them.”

“Well you knew the band”

“Yeah my ex-boyfriend used to listen to them”

Oh good one Billie, great fucking work. Way to start the date.

“So what music do you listen too?” I try to change the subject as casually as possible.

“A bit of My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco. Bands like that. Sapphire got me into most of them.” She explains. I nod my head in response. Wow, Sapphire and Hayley are that close that she has completely changed her music taste from the Pop shit to this stuff. Knowing Saph, she probably held a gun to her head and made her listen to I Write Sins Not Tragedies on repeat for 10 hours until she knew all the lyrics off my heart. I laugh to myself softly before getting a strange look from Hayley.

I imagine Sapphires reaction to the My Chemical Romance break up. Imagining her rolled up in a ball while surrounded by faces of Gerard and the others on her walls, tears streaming down her face as she continues to chant “why” and blast “Welcome To The Black Parade” before her parents come into her room and find out what all the commotion is about and take her to church because they think Jesus will help.

“Whats so funny?” Hayley pushes me out of my thoughts.

“Oh- nothing. Just thinking about stuff” I half lie. The rest of the ride is silent, not exactly awkward but not exactly comforting either. I was still nervous as fuck. What would I do in the Cinema? Would I put an arm around her? Would I have to pay for everything? Of course I have to pay for everything it’s a damn date.

I pull into the car park and park fairly close to the enterance before shutting off the engine.

“You ready?” I ask Hayley.

“Yeah” She smiles “Let’s go”

Sapphires POV

I bet their fucking in the movie theatre right now. If I was on a date with Billie, we wouldn’t even make it to the mall because I would have already ripped his clothes off on the trip. I pace back and forwards in Billies bedroom. Maybe it’s a complete fail of a date… Maybe he realises it’s not all about looks and that personality counts too! Who am I kidding…? As long as my friends are happy I should be happy, right?