Tap Here To Read This Chapter

Billies POV

I enter my front door with a tired sigh. I don't know how or why girls shop all day- it's tiring as fuck. I rub my eyes as I walk through the hallway into the kitchen, pulling the bags of clothes with me. My eye catches a note written on the counter and I walk over in curiosity

Gone out shopping, be home soon. The boys are downstairs and they don't look happy
-Mom

Shit. The boys are here. I place the shopping bags down on a chair and start to walk towards the basement door. They definitely weren't going to be happy. I was in for a whole lot of shit. I creak open the door and glumly look down the dimly lit stairs. I could already hear the sound of a guitar being lazily strum and the quiet murmurs. I hesitantly start walking down the steps, my weight making the old wood creek under my feet. As the creeks become louder, all the sounds from the basement stops.
"Billie. You showed up." Mike looks up from the couch. I sigh before walking over and sitting down.
"How was shopping with Harley?" Tre sarcastically states while twiddling a drum stick in his hand.
"It's Hayley" My jaw clenches. "And it was shit, if you really care" I spit, crossing my arms.
"What happened?" Mike asks, actually interested.
"She pulls me into this expensive as fuck shop, right after yelling in my face about being late, even though I saw her the day before and the day before that" I ramble, without breath. "Then, she tells me that I'm meeting her parents tonight. So I have to dress up and look "presentable" as she said" I scowl thinking about it again.
"And that's why" Tre rests his hands behind his head "I stayed single"
"I mean, having a girlfriend is great" I chuckle. "But all this extra bullshit is doing my head in"
"Break up with her then" Mike shrugs. I snap my head towards him with wide eyes.
"I'm not breaking up with her!" I almost yell.
"Yeah! If she's hot, he should just put up with her." Tre opens a beer and hands it to me. "But don't put up with her too much. Just remember, bros before hoes"
"Yeah, yeah" I smile, grabbing the beer and taking a swig.

Sapphires POV

"Are you staying for dinner, Thalia?" Mom pokes her head through the door.
"If you don't mind" Thalia politely smiles. My mom returns the smile before closing the door.
"I'm hungry as fuck, what's for dinner?" Thalia stretches up her arms. That's the thing I loved about Thal, everyone thought she was a polite, sweet girl but behind doors she can be the rattiest and the bitchiest person you will meet.
"Probably spaghetti, we always have spaghetti" I shrug.
"Fuck yes" Thalia breaths, looking back to her phone.
"You should sleep over, my parents have a night shift tonight"
"Yeah okay I'll text my mom. You wanna invite Hayley?"
"Yeah invite her, we haven't had a sleepover altogether in months" I reminisce to the last sleepover we had. I was complaining about being single and Thalia suggested Billie. Hayley immediately told me to stay away. Oh how things have changed.
"She can't come" Thalia bitterly spits. What a shame.... Sarcasm.
"Why not?" I ask. I already know the answer. Shes with Billie I just know it.
"Billie is meeting her parents tonight" Thalia rolls her eyes. I almost spit out my chocolate milk. Meeting her parents? Billie must be annoyed as fuck. If I haven't said it already, I think Hayley is going too far.
"Billie is going to hate that" I laugh out loud. Thalia looks to me.
"Does Billie say anything about her?"
Oh has he. I loved explaining everything to Thalia from the start. From meeting Tre to getting Billie to ask Hayley out I realized that a lot has happened all because Tre has an asshole in his math class. If Tre hadn't thrown that paper plane or given that wet willie, I would never of gotten a crush, Hayley and Billie wouldn't be together and I wouldn't have met 3 new amazing friends. The realization hits me hard as Thalia is snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Wow. So big old Hayley is ruining it for everyone huh?" Thalia finally says.
"Yeah, Tre and Mike are taking it pretty hard" I sigh.
"And you" Thalia smirks. I blink at her for a couple of seconds, processing what she just said.
"W- what do you mean?" I stammer, still staring at her smirked face.
"You obviously like Billie" Thalia says, her voice dripping in smugness.
"What!? I do not. Why would you think that? I mean, why would you think that?" I fluster, feeling my face growing hot. No one has found out and I'm determined to keep it that way.
"Come on Saph! You can tell me. I won't tell Hayley I promise" she edges closer to me on the bed. I look down in embarrassment. There's no going back now, I'm going have to admit my feelings out loud for the first time.
"Okay, okay." I mutter, still looking down. "I like him and it hurts watching them together" a lump starts to form in my throat.
"Aww" Thalia looks at me with sorrow. "That really sucks. You and Billie would have made a really cute couple" she rubs my shoulder.
I look up to her with a smile "really?"
"Yeah" she smiles back. "If Hayley didn't get in the way"
We both giggle.
"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I ask again. I'm tempted to put out my pinky finger but I decide against it as I feel it's me and billies little thing.
"I promise" Thalia sighs, still smiling.
"Girls! Dinners ready!" Mom calls up. We both huff and stand, walking down stairs.