3 × 7

37
'It's just a headache'

OCHAKO URARAKA'S POV
×××

My eyes fluttered open to reveal the interior of a bus. I suddenly remembered I was on a bus for a school trip. I jerked up upwards making Katsuki jump.

"What the hell is your problem, Round face!?"

"N-nothing. I'm sorry." I pressed a hand on my forehead and closed my eyes tight.

"Did you have a bad dream or something?" He asked pointing at my forehead. He looked genuinely concerned for me.

I smiled. "Honestly I don't remember. But my head feels like it's spinning."

I winced from a sudden shock that surged throughout my body. Katsuki extended his arms towards me and held me by back with one hand and the other was placed on my head.

"It's probably just a headache Katsuki."

Katsuki felt a heat on my forehead and my cheeks became red. "You have a fever. This isn't just some headache."

I looked up at his eyes that darted around my body as if he were checking if something was wrong.

"We're almost at the place so we'll get some medicine for you."

I nodded as he propped himself up on his seat looking over the other seats on the bus too see if anyone were awake.

He sighed and suddenly took my hand in his and squeezed it. "You're going to be okay, Ochako."

>>>

"Class, we're here." Our teacher called out yawning right after. Everyone slowly stood up and stretched. After all we were on a bus for more than 2 hours. Fortunately it was a large bus with a bathroom and lots of leg room.

"Come on." Katsuki called reaching his hand out for me to hold. I placed my hand and tried to stand up but instead I tripped over myself and fell onto my knees.

"I c-can't w-walk."

He stared at me for a moment just finding the right words. Instead of speaking he didn't say anything. He rubbed the back of neck and walked over to me.

He managed to pick me up, bridal style, and carried me out of the bus.

"Katsuki, they'll see!" I whispered holding on to the collar of his shirt for security. He furrowed his brows.

"Tch. So what? You can't walk so I'm helping you."

I could've used my quirk to help to myself but in the pain I was in I wouldn't be able to hold up for very long.

I sighed as the pain in my head became more and more unbearable. What's going on with me?

"Hey Ochako. Look at me."

I was dragged into reality and realized that I was becoming weaker and weaker in his arms. I tried to open my eyes at him and I came face to face with Katsuki's concerned look, which faded away when I blacked out...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up to a dark room with only a lamp brightly shining on a beside table. I looked over at the front of the small room to see a familiar body standing at the mirror.

"Ochako!"

The body shuffled his way over to me before kneeling beside me to get on my eye level. It was Katsuki once again without a shirt...Just great...

"Where am I?"

He played with my hair twirling and twisting the strands that fell over my face.

"You blacked out back at the bus. Aizawa said that you would be fine as long as you medicine and a cold rag over your forehead." He explained gesturing to the rag sitting on my forehead. I felt the cold refreshing sensation flow throughout me.

"Thanks."

He had a saddened smile. "Don't fucking scare me like that Pink cheeks."

I giggled as he huffed in frustration. "I'm sorry, Katsuki! I don't know how I got sick in the first place. It just happened when I woke up."

He squinted his eyes and yawned. He walked over to the other side of the bed and rested his built body beside me yet leaving a comfortable amount of space between us. After all I was sick...

He reached out for the lamp turning it off. I closed my eyes until I felt him toss and turn for a bit. I opened my eyes to see he had rolled over and his eyes were now piercing into mine.

"What're you looking at?" He asked readjusting his head on the soft pillow underneath him.

"Nothing."

He pursed his lips and looked up and mumbled, "Oh so I'm nothing, huh?"

I giggled again. I knew he was trying to cheer me up and honestly I didn't mind this goofy child version of Katsuki. It was adorable watching him struggle to find his words.

"No you're very special to me, Katsuki. Thanks for looking out for me."

"Tch. Don't thank me. I swore I was going to fucking protect you no matter what."

I smiled as he blushed from what I said.

"Goodnight Katsuki." I said softly with a sweetness to my voice. Instead of a harsh and mean tone I recieved the opposite. He replied back to me with a certain kindness and warmth.

"Night Ochako. Get some sleep for me."

I shut my eyes and dozed off right after not knowing the full extent of my condition. Sure we all thought I was just sick but something was on this beach. And it wasn't good...

________________________
Thanks for reading!
<3

Wow 7k reads. I don't
what I'll do if I get to 10k!
You could leave suggestions
but it would be crazy if
this book managed to reach
10k reads lmao!

Thanks again! <3