13

The next Monday, I went back to practice. When I was stretching, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I assumed it was Ariana's because she had that habit of staring so I continued to stretch.

Dancing was usual and I was so thankful that Scott gave us a break. It only took him two hours from our original break time. I decided to roam around the arena once again.

Last time I was rudely interrupted. I won't deny I didn't enjoy it. Not like my body wouldn't snitch.

I entered one of the costume rooms and admire the different outfits.

I grab one of the tags.

"Custom made by Versace." I scoff.

"My ex dance teacher could've made this and for a way cheaper price." I hear the door close behind me. I smirk.

"Ariana. Let's not do this aga-" I feel muscular arms grab me. Before I could scream, the person covers my mouth.

"So you are a dirty slut?" He chuckles dryly. I start to panic.

"I knew it from the day you arrived here. Too fucking sexy to not be a whore. Don't worry if you cooperate, it will go by smooth and we both get to go out like nothing happened hm?" I bite his hand and kick him in the dick. He yells and steps back.

I run for the door, but I'm quickly pulled back and slammed to the floor.

My head was now foggy and I felt it grow wet under my head.

"Why do you public whores put up a fight?" He barks. My blurred vision sees him start to pull down his pants.

"Please don't do this." I slur.

"Just shut up and take it." He barks and starts to pull down my shorts. I hear the door bust open and I see him being yanked back hard.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I hear Ariana scream.

"Ariana! Stop!" I hear Scott yell.

"He was trying to rape my girlfriend! Give me a reason to stop!"

I see Tayash run up to me and my vision goes black.

I groan as I wake up in the Emergency room bed. I had the worst headache. I wince at the light.

Ariana quickly gets up and stands at my side.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything? I'm so sorry this happened."

Ariana keeps rambling on. For once, she seemed concerned and lighthearted.

"It isn't your fault Ari. You didn't know his intentions. I just need some pain killers. My head is killing me." I wince again as a sudden wave of pain comes over me.

"Yeah Yeah Yeah baby anything." Ariana rushes out to the nurse's desk.

After I was given medicine and was moved to a hospital room, Ariana sat next to me with her hand in mines.

"What happened to that dude?" I ask

"After I caught him or after he was arrested from the hospital?" Ariana says sheepishly.

"From beginning to end."

"Well after I grabbed him, I used all the strength I had in me to punch him square on his temple. He then went out cold and I continued punching. He was bloody all over from all my swings. I was about to end his life with punching him in the throat, but Scott picked me up. I forgot how lightweight I was." Ariana giggles

"When I looked back at you, blood formed a small pool behind your head. You seemed to be out. I also saw your bottom half was exposed. I quickly grabbed you in my arms until the Paramedics showed up. They took you and I went along. Thankfully, the rape kit didn't show any signs of attempted rape. The guy was taken to the same hospital, but in custody technically. They took him back to the jail after his evaluation. They are waiting for you to wake up to book him." Ariana squeezes my hand and I get all warm all over.

Her gentle and caring side was my favorite. I hear a knock on the door and two detectives came in.

"Hi Arielle. Nice to see you awake. We just want to get your story and we will be on our way." The two men smile.

"Okay."

After explaining the whole incident, they stood up.

"Sorry this happened to you. We will get him booked as soon as we can. Enjoy the rest of your evening and a fast recovery." One of the detectives say and leave.

It felt all too real after saying it from my point of view. It made me feel weird, but I'm so thankful he didn't succeed.

Ariana mood changed after hearing it. She clearly was angry and upset. I could sense she felt the blame for all of this. It was her dancer. A dancer she trusted.

"It could've been anyone Ariana."

"But it was you by someone I trusted. He possibly has harmed any of the girls on my backup dance team and that sits wrong with me no matter what." She says.

I would hope I was the warning shot and none of the girls endured this. Imagine in your dream there is unforeseen trauma.

"Question them Ari. I would hope it didn't happen to them by any man in fact."

Ariana nods.

Deep down, Ariana cared. She had a soft spot for any and anyone. She clearly hated it because it obviously is the most stepped on trait.

I savored moments like these and I know to not take them for granted.

okay inspired by @Baby_Kardashian