45

I was now halfway through my pregnancy.

Everything was going by smoothly.

The baby was beyond healthy and Ariana was taking therapy well. Little to no relapses over the past few months.

I think it's because she barely sees me and everything we talk about is the baby which seems to be the only thing keeping us together.

I hear the door shut and a very happy Ariana appear in the kitchen where I was preparing food.

"Hi babe. Why are you so happy?" I ask as I turn off the stove.

"I made something for our little miracle." She says as she hands me a wrapped box.

I smile and open it.

It was a music box.

I open the box and turn the crank. It played Ariana singing "Somewhere over the Rainbow".

It was beautiful. Not only the thought, but her voice just instantly soothed me.

I jump as I felt a flutter in my stomach.

I set the music box down and as soon as I do I feel the hardest kick in my stomach and I wince and hunch over.

"Oh fuck." I groan with tears piercing my eyes.

Ariana runs over to me.

"Are you okay?!" Ariana begins to panic.

"No. Our daughter just kicked the shit out of me." I say nearly bawling.

I was a wimp to pain and I still don't know how I'm going to birth this baby.

She's a tough one considering every now and then I get a hard kick to my stomach.

"She really wants out huh?" Ariana shyly chuckles as I regain my composure.

"Yeah and I can't wait till she moves out. This kicking hurts like hell." I groan.

I feel flutters as she moves around. I look down at my stomach and smile a little.

When she moves, it felt like a tickle and also made me feel accomplished.

Our little girl was happy and healthy. I couldn't wait to meet her.

"Is she still moving?" Ariana asks.

"Yes. She's moving a lot in here." I giggle and Ariana kneels down to be face level with my stomach.

I thought I would be very big, but I have hardly gained pounds. The doctor says our baby is growing normally, but she is small.

My doctor even joked that if she was any bigger that I would be having trouble walking because I'm tiny myself.

Ariana had laid her head on my stomach and that's when our little girl seemed to be jumping which hurt also.

I pull Ariana up and lay my head on her chest because those jumpies don't stop for at least ten minutes when she gets them.

I let out a moan of pain and wrapped my arms around Ariana's waist.

She pulls me closer and rubs my back.

"What is she doing now?" Ariana asks and kisses my head as we sway left and right.

"Jumping. She's really in love with you." I say raspily.

I could feel the happiness radiating off of Ariana from hearing that.

"I just hope I'm up to her expectations." Ariana sighs.

The jumping stops and I pull away.

"You will be a EXCELLENT mother. I'm sure she's gonna be with momma more than her own mommy." I giggle and walk over to fix us both plates.