19

Today was the start of the 'Sweetener World Tour' first show week. I was nervous even though the show was on Friday. We were staying in Albany just to be closer and on time.

"Arielle!" Tayash yells and I snap to look at her. I knew I was in a daze, but I could've sworn I was conscious.

"You nervous?" She grins and I nod. I had never performed for a crowd no bigger than 100 people. This was a sold out show with over a thousand. I never had anxiety when I danced, but this may be the first time I do. One mess up and it was all over the internet.

"I'm scared to be in front of so many people. I don't wanna mess up." I say truthfully.

"Look, you'll only mess up if you think about messing up. It's okay if you do because we aren't perfect. Do your best and continue if you do mess up. No one really notices or cares. Ari should be the one worried."

My eyes go over to Ariana who was warming up vocally. Her note came out flat and I could tell she was getting worked up.

"Fuck." She mouthed and started again.

"Does she always over prepare?" I ask

"Mhm. She practice runs over and over again the entire practice. Sometimes she gets so worked up that she has a breakdown because she doesn't wanna give her fans anything below perfect. It's a committed yet viscous cycle. She most definitely needs a break after this tour."

I could see Ariana's face slowly getting far more upset. I stand up and walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist. She was tensed up and as soon as she realized who I was she let go of all the tension.

"If you keep forcing it, you'll never get it love." I say

"I-I have to do this. I can't fuck up." I could hear the shivers in her voice.

"It's okay to fuck up because you aren't perfect."

She turns around to face me.

"No it's not okay to fuck up when you're the center of attention at every show. I make a mistake everyone knows even the people burning in hell."

"Does that make any difference to your pockets, personality, fans? They'll still love you. They understand you're human Ariana. You will still be Ariana Grande before and after a mistake. You will be getting paid regardless and your pockets will remain full."

She giggles and wraps her arms around my waist and looks down at me.

"I'd go crazy without you." She whispers

"I'm glad I can keep you sane." I giggle and bite my lip.

She pecks my forehead and then pecks my lips.

It was the night of the show. Remember all the advice Tayash told me? Well that's out of the window because I feel like I'm about to pass out.

Ariana was kind of collected, but I wasn't near collected at all.

"I can't do this. I'm gonna mess up. I'm gonna fuck up. Everyone will hate me." I whisper toward Scott.

"Bad energy be gone. You are one of the best dancers I've had in awhile. You will not mess up girl!"

I look over at Ariana and she was getting set up to go up. She was running runs and swaying side to side. I run over and engulf her in a hug which catches her completely off guard along with the crew working on her.

"Baby what's wrong?" Ariana asks trying to pull me away to look at my face.

I didn't want her to because I was on the brink of tears. I didn't want to be the one who messes up her show.

"Ari I can't do this. I'm gonna mess us all up and ruin the show." I say with a quiver in my voice.

"No you won't baby. Stop talking like that. You got this! I see you at practice and you have it down pact. Look at me."

She pulls me out of the hug and holds my face her hands.

"You'll do fine. Don't you cry beautiful." She eyes me and my eyes turn glossy.

"I love you and I'll always be up on stage with you. I won't be mad if you accidentally mess up because you're human remember?" She winks at me.

"Sorry Ariana, but you have to be at post in five minutes. Lets rap it up." The stage director says.

She gives me a long kiss and a few pecks after before letting me go. We all group for our chant and prayer then prepare to get on stage.

Ariana started with raindrops and we got into formation for God is a Woman.

Surprisingly, we were at NASA and I hadn't messed up yet and I was so proud of myself. I was next to Ariana during NASA which made me much more comfortable.

"It's like I'm the universe and you be-" Ariana sung then the rest of us with the crowd spelled NASA. At the bridge, Ariana intertwined our hands. I was honestly in shock she was openly holding my hand, but I'm sure everyone would assume we were just good friends.

We were finally at the end and I was again at Ariana's side for thank u, next. I enjoyed doing this choreography because it was all fun and embracing.

The first show was a complete success. We all got off the stage and screamed in excitement. We hadn't missed a beat and production was smooth.

I felt arms grab me from out of the crowd and pulled me into a kiss. The movement of lips proved it was Ariana. In all this chaos, it felt like we were the only people in the room.

After all it dies down, Ariana lets go and puts our foreheads together.

"I told you you'd do great." She grins

"See I told you you'd do great." I copy and she pulls me closer with a little chuckle.

"Mhm we both did great tonight. I only did great because of you."

"I only did great because of you." I copy and she slaps my ass.

"Be original baby."

"Be original baby." I mimic causing her to slap my ass again.