38

"I'm incredibly emotional to say this, but Thank you for attending the Sweetner Tour."

I snap back to reality as I look out the window on the plane. We were officially done with tour.

I brought up touring again with another artist to Scooter, but he just claimed "There's nothing available and I should 'rest'."

1000 percent sure Ariana made him say that.

Now I was stuck.

Once we made it to her New York apartment, reality hit me harder.

I was stuck with her.

There's no getting out of it now.

No one to help me.

Just me.

I felt a stray tear fall down my face.

I wanted to go home.

"Why the fuck are you crying?" Ariana snaps as she drops her keys on the table.

She was very crabby with me lately because we came to the same conclusion every argument about starting implantation treatments.

I kept saying I wasn't ready and we weren't married.

This mood change just proved my insecurities.

"Nothing, just happy to be home." I say with a force smile.

She nods me off and goes into her room.

The animals were still with Joan in California so the house was eerily quiet.

Ariana busts out the room and goes into the kitchen.

I hear her grabbing glass cups and pouring a drink in both. She comes out and hands me a cup.

"I want to do a toast." She says with a little too much excitement.

I nod wearily.

"What's the occasion?" I ask and look at the drink.

"To what the future brings. I know we will both be excited when the time comes." Her eyes laced with deviancy.

Time comes for what?

She clinks our glasses and gulps down her drink. I attempt to do the same, but get choked after the first sip.

"What the hell is this?" I cough.

It was such a strong taste that I've never had before. I also wasn't good at drinking alcohol still so I didn't know if it was me or the drink.

"It's rum you big baby." Ariana rolls her eyes.

Rum is suppose to be a tinge of sweet. This however had a very strong.. medicine taste to it.

"Drink it." She orders sternly.

I hesitate and I see anger rising in her eyes.

"Drink it before I make you." She grits and moves closer to me.

I quickly gulp it down and grimace at the taste.

"Good girl." She smiles and takes the cup. She walks back to the kitchen.

I sat down on the couch and started to feel heavy.

I wasn't THAT lightweight right?

I rub my forehead and try to remain conscious. It seemed like a truck was on top of me and little weights were on my eyelids.

"Ari." I yelled with whatever was left in me.

"Yes baby?" She yelled from the kitchen.

"Come.... her.." I started to drift off and lay on the sofa.

Ariana walks in and she remains silent. She just stands there.

"What the fuck... did you do to my draaank..?" I slurred out, still not getting a reaction.

Then I blacked out.

I jolt up and realized I was sweating.

It was a dream.

I sighed in relief.

I looked around and noticed Ariana was sound asleep, but I also noticed we weren't in NYC.

At least the NYC apartment..

We were in California..?

I could've sworn we were in NYC.

I shake Ariana and she groans.

"What Arielle?" She groggily asks.

"When did we get to Cali?" I ask.

She seemed to ignore my question and fall back asleep.

I shake her again.

"Ari!" I yell and she jolts up.

"What!"

"When did we get to Cali? I thought we went to NYC?" I ask trying to read her face for any sort of lie.

"Arielle, we've been in California. I told you I was getting my dogs, spending some time with family, then we would go back home to NYC."

"But we were in NYC and we had a drink then I passed out.." I tried to rack my brain, but it was just so cloudy.

"You were dreaming. Please go back to bed." She says as she plops back down.

"It felt so realistic.." I say in a whisper.

--
was it really a dream? ;)