20

I forgot we were in 20gayteen and realized that everyone assumed Ariana and I were fucking. That hand holding stunt caused a stir in lowkey media, but it was enough for Ariana's fans to take it and run with it.

Media outlets tried to figure everything about me. My name, age, background, where I'm from. All they could come up with is my name. Which will soon broaden out to the rest which erupted a panic in me.

Ariana didn't seem phased by the rumors and my identity quickly coming into light which made me confused. She literally didn't want us out in public because of this whole situation possibly happening now she doesn't care?

Ariana sat on the patio on the hotel's balcony. She was singing to herself while on her phone.

I walked out and looked at her all glowing and shit.

"You aren't worried about the media finding us out?"

She looks up at me and grins.

"Babe all they know is that we held hands. No full on proof we are dating. If you don't seem guilty, they won't continue this rampage. This same situation happened bunch of times with others."

This wasn't the only problem.

My family didn't know I was into girls!

I mean I'm sure they wouldn't care, but I didn't want a news article outing me before I did.

I didn't even know I liked girls until I dated Ariana!

"And what if they do find out?"

"They find out I guess. What can we do? Deny it if they have undeniable proof?"

"Do you not know how we met in the first place?" I start waving my hands around like I'm crazy.

"We met in LA at the movies." She says flatly.

"That's what you're going with?" I cross my arms.

"Would you like to go with another scenario princess?" She raise a eyebrow as she continues to stare at her phone.

"What if those guys slip up for some cash?"

"They won't because its bad business. If I hear otherwise, consequences will be let out. Simple."

Her casual conversation about this made me feel funny.

"Besides this will help us test the waters of coming out as a couple. If its mostly bad, we will keep this our secret. If its mostly good, we will publicly come out."

"Thats not my issue Ari. I haven't even came out to my family. Honestly, I didn't know my sexuality until we met." I sigh

"So you want to come out to them before publicly?" She asks and finally looks at me.

"Yes. I think that would make it feel absolutely right. I want them to meet you." I grin

"Okay." She says flatly before going back to her phone.

I don't know what I was expecting, but that wasn't quite it.

I just go inside and watch TV. Ariana still hasn't gotten me that phone yet. I've had multiple opportunities to run yet I'm still here. Why won't she trust me?

After the last few great shows, we were now back in LA. My hometown.

I've been around more than in my 18 years of life. I was bummed that I wasn't able to see my family and friends. The media died down a bit, but they still had those strong believers in the back.

"What's wrong my love?" I hear Ariana ask

"Nothing." I mumble

"Oh we are back at that stage huh?" Ariana mumbles back.

I side eye her and then look back out the window. She could clearly understand the issue, but just wanted me to say it.

Rehearsals went by and I was still down. Everyone wondered why and had made there own assumptions. All of them had to do with Ariana.

My whole life doesn't revolve around Ariana people!

I decided to keep to myself because my mood seemed to be rubbing off on some other people and that's not what I wanted.

All I wanted was to see my family again and my best friend.

A few days past and we were now getting ready for the show. I was bummed, but I cheered up for the sake of the show.

I was stretching until I felt a presence behind me.

"Ariana, I'm not-"

I turn around and see my mom. She had tears in her eyes and her bottom lip quivered.

"Mom?" I gasp and I felt my tears cascade one by one down my face.

My dad walked behind her with flowers and stood by her side with his warm smile. I looked at them in disbelief. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes right now.

My mom pulls me into a hug and my dad joins in.

I hear claps and awes come around.

"Hey! Don't forget about me!" I hear Danielle yell.

I look up from my parents and look at her with a teddy bear.

I run and hug her. This is the first time she's been completely emotional with me.

"I missed you." She whispers.

"You don't know how much I've missed you too." I say as I pull away.

"Why'd you leave so sudden-"

Ariana comes up on side of me and smiles.

"Did you plan all this Ari?!" I ask in shock.

"At first I didn't know how'd I surprise you, but I knew you missed them and I couldn't let them miss there chance of seeing how great you are on stage."

Ariana gives me a warm smile and I hug her tightly.

"This is possibly the top best thing you've done for me. Thank you."

Ariana hugs me back.

"I understand missing your family and friends because I'm known to that feeling year around. This is the least I could do."

For once, I felt beyond comfortable and truly thankful.