52

As expected, we had to spend one more day in here just for precautions.

Thankfully, our baby's birth has been private and we will be announcing her arrival as soon as we settle at home.

It was just too risky right now.

Ariana's dad was coming soon and Ariana seemed immensely nervous and distant.

She hasn't held Audrina all day because of his impending arrival.

"Ari?" I question.

"Yes baby? You need something?" She looks up with quickness.

"I should be asking you. What's wrong?" I question as I watch Audrina move in her sleep in her crib.

"I just- It's just so awkward with my dad. This is also my firstborn and I just feel like he shouldn't be around for this." Ariana sighs as I look over to her.

"Aw baby. I can't really be in your shoes, but after this he doesn't have to come around her again if that makes you feel comfortable?" I offer.

"He's her grandpa. As much unsatisfaction I have with him, I wouldn't want to hinder his potential of being a grandfather to Audri."

A soft knock is heard and a nurse comes in with Ariana's father, Edward.

He had a gift bag and roses in a vase.

"I hope you don't mind I bought some gifts for the baby. I have more, but there more of home necessities." He chuckles nervously as he looks over at Ariana, but directing the conversation at me.

"Thank you so much. I appreciate it." I smile as I look over at Ariana who was tense.

"These are for you though." He showed the vase of roses and I smile bigger.

"Thank you. They look lovely." I say in appreciation.

"How are you Ari?" He asks feeling and sounding awkward.

"Fine." She says with a weak smile with her attention now on her phone.

"Good." He stands for a few awkward seconds before directing his attention to Audrina.

"This is my grandchild." He smiles as he admires her.

He seemed almost afraid to touch her.

"Yeah thats her, Audrina." I smile as he eyes her name card.

"She's carrying Butera with her?!" He asks in genuine excitement as he eyes both Ariana and I.

Believe it or not, but Ariana decided to let Audrina carry Butera and Grande as her last name.

She wanted me to also once we got married.

As much as she resented her dad, she still loved him and wanted him apart of us and our children lives.

He continued to stare at Audrina with his emotions running wild.

"You can hold her." I say.

He looks at me with the most emotion filled eyes ever, but then he looks at Ariana who seemed very cold towards him now.

"Do you want me to hold her Ariana?" He asks.

This snapped her and she slammed her phone hard on the arm rest. I'm sure she cracked it.

It caused everyone including the baby to jump.

"Didn't her mom say you can?!" She says in pure anger.

Audrina started to cry causing me to get upset. This softened Ariana.

"Can you please hand her to me?" I ask Edward and he nods quickly, still in shock at Ariana's outburst.