Letters You Know, from the Alphabet

I grab the broom like a softball bat. I stare at my target with a harsh ferocity. I tweek my hip just as I swing the broom around. It hits my target hard, dust floats off of the rug like snow on a still day landing gracefully to the ground just like the bottom half of my broom.

I hum to the beat from my earbuds. I grab the broken broom and toss it in the trash with the other two brooms. I was always a good softball player. Claude taught me when I was young. I could hit the ball over the fence or push the ball in the direction I want. I beat him once in a game, I think he let me win though.

I take out my earbuds and sigh as I grab the bin of broken brooms.

"Do you feel better?"

I drop the bin of broom and turn to the voice. Slender walks up his hands behind his back looking proud and proper.

I sigh and shake my head at him.

"How long are you going to do the silent treatment?"

Forever.

"You can't stay silent forever dear Rose."

Shut up, I can do what I want when I want I am a woman. I grab the bin of broken brooms and useless wood and walk to the outdoor burner. We burn things to get rid of them.

He walked up to me all human like, pretty eyes, porcelain skin. He reached behind my head and pulled me close kissing the top of my hair.

"Rose I usually wish you would stop speaking, but not in angry terms."

He pulls out a tiny box, I raise an eyebrow and look at it.

"For you, my dear Rose."

I grab the soft box in my hands and flip it open. Inside held a small ruby surrounded by a silver vines connecting it to a chain.

"Where did you get this?"

"I bartered for it centuries ago for a woman named Angelique. She was a Lilith incarnate, but she was better mannered than you."

I give him the look. Ths corners of his mouth twitch up. I touch the stone and get a feeling of deja vu.

"Why must you touch the stone everytime I give it to you?"

"Well this is the first time for me."

I shake my head and close the box. I hold it out to him.

"I can not accept your gift, Slender. Irena should have this, not me."

"Irena can not have it or touch it, it is silver."

"More of a reason to give it to her."

He pushes the box back to me.

"I apologize for hurting you, but I do think, dearest Rose, that the reason you wanted to save that girl was your mothering instincts."

I shake my head still holding the box out.

"No mothering instincts still a prude, don't like children, don't want any."

"Whatever you say Rose."

Slender grabs the satin covered box and slides it into my apron pocket.

"Most people here can not touch it, for it is silver, but I wish for you to keep it away from them."

I grip his tie and he leans down a bit so I can kiss him.

"Thank you Boss man."

"You're welcome Miss Nightingale."

He stands up straight and walks away silently. I finish beating up the rugs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rose we will be gone for the remainder of the evening, I trust you will keep the house clean while I am gone?"

"Duh."

I stand casually on the stairs. Slender nods and walks away. Splendor hugs me bye, Trender and Tender wave, then Offender kisses my hand with a smirk.

"We don't talk much anymore my Rose."

"There is a reason for that."

He frowns then walks out. The door closes and I rush to my room for the box from Undertaker. I run upstairs and lock myself in the clean attic. I pull out the other box.

I curl up on the little ledge of the window and read all of the letters. Many papers and many seals. I scan through them, some were odd languages I don't know and others were either really sloppy and few were near.

'My Love Sullivan..'

'ᎷᎩ ᏝᎧᏉᏋ..'

'L̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶e̶  Yo Jackass!'

"This person is obviously connected to me somehow."

I hum as I sort through the letters. I read the ones from Slender. Sullivan is Slender's human name. The just of his letters all have to do with him being away, wishing these people were here, and yadda yadda ya. I sigh as I check my watch. I hum at the time, 3 am most of the kids have gone out to hunt and the Slenders are out hunting, then meet up and either drink or chat, or do whatever they are doing.

I sigh after reading all of the letters. The only thing that had caught my interest was the silver Rosario with a ruby in the center. I grab it and feel odd vibrations from it. I put it on. It makes me feel powerful. I tuck it under my shirt and I store the whole box of letters into the big box and slide it into the cupboard under the window seat.

I run downstairs and see Splendor laughing his head off. He is singing in German and Offender has his arm wrapped around Splendor singing it too. Some bad notes and some pitchy ones. Trender and Tender and singing to it too dancing sloppily. Slender walks in with a smile on his face, he is definitely intoxicated.

"You guys are home early."

"Rose my love."

Slender smiles and trips over the coffee table and lands on his stomach. They all laugh out even him. I roll my eyes. I help him up and pat his chest.

"You are going to feel that in the morning."

He giddily gets up and sits in his chair. His siblings take other spots on the couches and the other chairs.

"Rose pick a game."

I sigh and go to the cupboard and bring out Uno. I like this game because I win, Splendor is good, Offender sucks, Slender gets salty, and Trender throws is cards at everyone.

I kick back and relax as I watch the drunk men play a child's game.

Hello my Lovelies! I usually don't do this but I would like to ask if you had any suggestions about the story line. Anything you want to happen, or anything you want to see played out. After all the relationships you have are all good, how would you like them to go? And please could someone do fanart of the brothers sitting at a small table playing Uno together? Love you lots my Lovelies! Blessed Be!