Getting Down With the Sickness

I am being held in the arms of the man I love in our dark soft bed sheets. A smooth warm liquid flows through my throat to my mouth. I slide out of bed and rn to Slender's private bathroom. I throw up into the toilet in the darkness. I feel it flowing through my nose as well.

The light is turned on and I see a bowl of red. Slender sighs and wipes my face with a towel.

"You can not hold on for very much longer my Rose."

"I want to hold onto my-" I throw up into the toilet more blood-" humanity."

His fingers run softly over my back.

"Your humanity is holding you back. You can be so much more."

"What if I'm not who I am now?"

I pull back from the toilet and sigh as I sit on the rug.

"You will be you, just slightly different."

"Offender hates me."

"He does not hate you Rose, he just hates that he couldn't have you."

I stand up and rinse out my mouth. Slender hungs me from behind. It is nice to show affection now. Offender killed the last of the creatures on New Years Eve. We are safe and I am just dying now.

"Can I sleep?"

"Of course Rose."

He picks me up bridal style. I smile, he set me down gently on the bed.

"Wow so gentle."

"You are fragile."

I smile and lay down watching his chest cavity rise and shrink. I love this man.

"I love you."

I close my eyes and it is really dark. I feel cold hands on my face I open my eyes.

"Rose?"

"Rose!?"

I open my mouth to speak but no words come out. I can't move. I blink my eyes so slowly.

"Rose!? What the-"

I can barely hear.

"Blood transfusion-"

"Morph."

"Lillith."

Darkness...

I flutter my eyes open and sit up. I don't feel tired, I don't feel hungry, I don't feel anything but emotions. I look at myself to see long pale legs and long pale arms. I look at my reflection in the small mirror. I smile at the familiar face. My skin is paler but not like snow. My eyes are purple like brown. My hair is do long and dark, thick and healthy. I smile with red lips. I feel so strong, brave, and independent. I don't need a man in my life I don't need anyone, but I love Sender. I look my my teeth and see four very sharp canines on each side of my mouth.

I open the door and hear the knob squeak. I hear the spider crawling on the wall. I hear the fabrics of the carpets grinding against each other as I step down. I hear it all. I see everything!

"Rose, my love."

I turn to see Slender. He violently yanks my waist to him. I smile and pull his face down to me and we lock our lips for the longest time. Nothing has ever felt so right.

I hear a loud crunch. I pull back and see Offender.

"Rose, I-"

I smile at him.

"Hi Offender."

"You are still beautiful, but..."

He trails off shaking his head.

"Nothing is wrong with my appearance."

I furrow my brows, he points at my face.

"It isn't your physical form it is your mental state. You have no Rosalind, you aren't soft anymore."

"She doesn't need to be soft. She is perfect in every way."

Slender kisses my forehead. I feel tears in my eyes, a part of me is gone.

"You are just not the girl I love anymore."

Offender crunches his burnt toast and walks away. I jog to him and hug him.

"A part of me wishes you wouldn't go."

"Yeah well I can't stand looking at your face. Anyways I have girls to fuck, guys to fuck and people to fuck. Bye Rose."

A part of me hurts to hear my name from his lips. I wish he would call me flower child. Does it even belong anymore?

Offender disappears and I turn to Slender.

"Will things ever be the same again?"

"What things do you want to stay the same?"

"I want to cook and clean still."

"Oh?"

He sounds calm as if he expected this.

"I also wish to bring you tea every morning and feed Grinny and Smiles."

He nods amused with me as he leads me back to his office.

"I also wish to take the kids out on trips to get the mail."

He nods.

"I would also like to do things with Jane."

"All of that is wonderful Rose bit you are forgetting that I am not taking anything from you. You are still the Slender Mansion Maid and you are my lover and mate for the rest of time. All I ask from you is loyalty, you in my bed beside me every night, and your voice screaming like an alarm clock at the potatoes that will never boil."

I smile and kiss his cheek.

"I need to go cook dinner."

I gracefully trot to the kitchen. Nobody cares that I have changed. Not even a notion from Jane.

I stand at the wall I stand at with a smile. Trender, Tender and Splendor all sat at the table eating vastly different things. Slender talks to Trender. The table erupts with life and food is flying through the air.

"Okay who here has the biggest brain?"

"Me of course!"

BEN gets hit in the face with a plate.

"I say L.J."

Jane shouts.

"Why?"

"Because he keeps finding new ways to hide from Jill!"

Jill screams offended. Jane laughs loudly L.J. wheezes like an old smoker who had to run a mile.

"In a fight to the death at dinner time who would win? Jeff, Jane, Dr.Smily, Grinny, E.J., Masky, or our human maid."

Slender asks and crosses his arms. I smile and jump up as everyone shouts they would win.

"I know who would win!"

Everyone looks at me and I grin bigger.

"Pray tell Rose."

"The human maid." I say ever so casually.

Everyone laughs except Slender.

"And why would that be Miss Rose?"

I grin evilly, making everyone in the whole house anticipate my answer.

"Who knew I poisioned the meal?"

Everyone looks at their meal and looks sick to their stomach. I see the cruel joy that the Slender's had in my answer. I walk back into the kitchen.

"Enjoy your meal!"