One Year After

You know I find funny about literature and art? You can make anything happen! You can write anything and everything, and nobody- well some people will- question you. They will just ask you the same question over and over. 'What do you actually do?' Then you murder them and hide their bodies in the places Bob Ross paints about, because we all must sacrifice to the great and powerful Bob Ross.

Masky stuffs out his flame on the cutting baord. The water in the pot is bubbling and I am glaring at Masky while obviously holding my nose. Masky leaves and heads out with Hoodie.

"Slender! This room still smells like cigarettes!"

Slender looks up from his book he has been reading at the table. He has a drink near his hand. He shrugs and goes back to what he is doing.

December, the cold time of month and the time you spend with your family. Jeff is like Slender's son and I am like an adult figure to him. He is a great kid but he is just a little retarded. Hey, don't judge I have to make mashed potatoes in a kitchen that smells like cigarettes.

"Miss Nightingale what is on the agenda tomorrow?"

"Jeff will be leaving with his brother sadly. BEN and Dark will still be here. Irena wants you to meet your kid, but you have kinda shut her out. Like a douche-"

"Pardon?"

"And well Grinny and Smiles need their heartworm and rabies shot, so do the kids here."

"Who will be here for the holidays?"

"Everyone should be here, and Zalgo wants to stop by as well. I mean it is all up to you-"

"He may visit for the holidays as long as he stays out of the closets, the attic, the basement, and the kitchen."

I pull out a notepad and write all of these things down so when I talk to him on the phone he won't call me an unorganized piece of Merde. That's french for a black pickle.

"Also Irena needs to leave me alone, I do not care about the child and I wish her joys for her holidays in Romania."

"K."

I write down all of that.

"Need to call the neighboring gangs to call of all hunting two weeks before the holidays including Hanukah. I also need to go to the store and collect some unnecessary material items for the holidays."

"Gifts?" I look up at him he waves me off.

"Also I hate to ruin your afternoon-"

"The only thing that can ruin my afternoon is if you decided to get a replacement for me, because that means I have to go live with Undertaker and learn to be a Mortician."

"Well it is something else-"

A loud bang sounds on the door. I look at him with raised eyebrows. He sighs and shakes his head getting up. Slender fixes his suit and I walk to the door. It is a new door, Judge Angels broke it down. Don't ask me for no one quite knows why.

I open the door and give my fakest smile. My face drops and I stare at the four faceless idiots.

"No!"

I point in the smirking one's face.

"NO!"

I walk to Slender and point at them.

"nO!"

"Rose I feel the same but," he sighs, "they are family."

I fall to my knees and grab a pillow for me to scream into.

"Missed you too Flower."

I stand up red faced and out of breath.

"I think I need some Vodka in my Coffee."

"Oh please Miss Rose don't do that!"

"That is not going to feel good honey."

"............................"

"Make that two sweet stuff."

"Nightingale, you don't even like coffee."

I lay flat on the floor. I hear a scream and someone violently flips me over. It is Smiles.

"ArE yoU ChOKing mIss!? dO yoU need CRP?"

"Smile stop yelling in my ear, and it's CPR!"

I wheeze.

"Oh good why are you talking like that then?"

"You are on my gut."

Smiles hops off and trots away. I stand up to see Oliver.

"Oliver."

"Rose."

"Get out of my kitchen."

"I don't think I will."

I squint my eyes at him. I had a thing for him last year. Slender kicked then all out and they all went off to do their own thing. Only Masque and Tender wrote to me. They are the only important ones.

"Leave me alone."

He walks up and sets his head ontop of mine. He wraps his arms around me. I try to write things down.

"Don't be that way during the holidays hot stuff."

I write things needed.

"What'cha got there?"

"Paper."

"Flower, just turn around and kiss me, I know you missed me."

"No u."

He sighs and walks away.

"I'll be in my room if needed."

I scream quietly and bang my head on the counter. I stumble backwards a bit. Kinda knocked myself stupid.

"Ready for the holidays, Rose?"

I hear Jane scream, and I turn to Slender.

"Not even in the least bit."