Jaebeom - Restaurant

You were drawing in your sketchbook on the counter behind the cashier when the doorbell rung, indicating someone had walked in. Ignoring the person for a few more seconds you continued to draw until you sensed them standing helplessly in the middle of the restaurant. 

Sighing, you looked up from your drawing to see a man wearing a baggy pants and a light brown jacket with a black cap. Immediately, you subconsciously you named him Mr. Baggy pants in your brain. 

"How many people would you be?" You asked him, going along with the procedure you were taught to do. 

Mr. Baggy pants looked towards you and took his hand out of his pocket to indicate one with his fingers. 

"Please sit where you like." You told him, and he nodded at you. 

Briefly looking towards the other customer in the restaurant, you returned your attention back to your sketchbook, waiting for someone to call for you. A couple of minutes pass and you continue to sketch before abruptly standing up and crumbling the paper you were working on. 

Just when you were about to start over, someone called for you and you looked up to see Mr. Baggy Pants looking at you. You force a smile and said, "Coming!" 

You grab your notepad and pen, and walked over to him. "What can I get for you sir?" You asked him politely. 

"I was actually hoping you could recommend me whats good here," He asked you. 

"Oh," You said, expecting a straight order, "um...This one is pretty popular," you said, pointing to a dish in the menu. Mr. Baggy Pants stared at the dish in the menu before asking you again, "Which one do you like?" 

Taken by surprise, you looked at him only to be met with his gaze. Uncomfortable, you eyes dart back and forth, and you point to the menu with him still looking at you. "Uh...I like this one," You say, trying to ignore his gaze.

Mr. Baggy Pants looked at the menu to where you were pointing, and nodded saying, "Please get me one of that," 

You nodded, writing down his order as you walked towards the kitchen and yelled the order to the chef. Right at the moment, a few more customer walked in and you busied yourself with taking orders and attending to the customers. 

After what seemed like forever, most of the customers had left and you tiredly walked towards your sketchbook. You had your back towards the cashier and you lazily raised your arms to stretch them. Working at a restaurant was tiring than it seemed, especially when you were the only employee on some nights. 

Someone cleared their throat and you turned around to see Mr. Baggy Pants standing at the cashier with his wallet in his hand.  You quickly walked over to the cashier and he paid you. 

"Thank you" You said, as you handed him his receipt, your body half bent.

"Thank you for the food," He said, his voice seeming deeper than it was before. Taking the receipt from you, he left the restaurant while you stared at his back. 

          ~~~~~                ~~~~~             ~~~~~         ~~~~~          ~~~~~             ~~~~~            ~~~~~

You stared at him curiously as he ate his food and looked at his phone. This was the fourth night he had come in a row, eating the exact same food and your curiosity had now reached its peak. 

The restaurant was busy tonight, but they're are two more employees and you knew they could handle it the work. 

"Hey, I'm taking a break," You told you co-worker as you reached over and untied the apron around your waist. 

Meanwhile, Jaebum was eating his Ramen while surfing through his phone when he heard the chair in front of him move. When he looked up he found the girl who worked here sitting in it. 

Confused and surprised, he sat up straight and said, " Hello?", making it sound more like a question. 

You, on the other hand, completely ignoring his 'hello', asked him, "Don't you get tired?" 

Jaebum, taken aback, asked, "Excuse me?" 

You crossed your right leg over you left and leaned back into the chair. "I mean, there are so many better places you can go, so why do you come here. Aren't you tired of eating at the same place for four nights," You say, really emphasizing the 'four nights' part. 

"Other places are expensive," Jaebum said. 

You laugh and say, "I'm pretty sure with the job you have you can afford so much more,"

Both of you sat in silence for a while and Jaebum spoke up asking, "You know who I am?" 

You made a 'duh' face and said, "Who doesn't" 

"They're are many people who don't know me," Jaebum said, intrigued by you and completely forgetting about his food by now. 

"Well then, they're listening to the wrong kind of music," You say, shrugging you shoulders, "Anyways Mr. Baggy Pants-"

"Mr. Baggy Pants?" Jaebum cut you off. 

"Yes. That's what I've named you in my head," You said casually, and when Jaebum gave you a look, you added, "Listen, you gotta spice things up in your life. If you just live life like the way society wants you to then you're going to miss the entire point of living life." 

Jaebum leans in closer and asks, "And what is the entire point of living life?" 

You leaned in closer to, your elbows on the table with your chin resting on top of your fist. "To have fun with no regrets and to live your life the way you want to," You whispered. 

You both stared at each other for a while, before Jaebum breaks the silence by saying, "To be around the pretty girl who works at the restaurant."

You scrunched your nose as your forehead creased. "What?" you say, confused. 

"My reason. For coming to this restaurant. To be around the pretty girl who works here." 

Still confused, you look back at the rest of the restaurant. "Pretty girl? But the only girl who works here is -" you stop in your sentence when you realize who he is talking about and look at him.  Your eyes widen and color rushes into your cheeks. 

You've never been called pretty by a man before, let alone a gorgeous looking idol. 

"Y/N!" You employee yells at you which makes you stand up and almost knock your chair over, "We need you here!" 

"Coming!" You yell back and then turn to Jaebum, "I-uh-have to go," You say and quickly rush back. 

"I'll see you around Y/N" Jaebum said, and for some reason the way he said your name made your heart flutter. 

I'm not sure if Jaebum should have more interaction with Y/N, but I really liked writing this. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. I re-read for grammatical mistakes but do tell me if I missed out on any.  

Thank you for reading (finger heart)