Mark - Hair Dye

You put the last of the dishes in the dishwasher and shifted your body weight from your right foot to your left. 

"Mark!" You yelled out from the kitchen to your boyfriend. 

After receiving no reply for a minute, you called out again, " Mark!" 

"Coming!" Mark yelled back. 

You turned back to the dishwasher, turning in on and wiping your hands on the nearby kitchen towel. 

As you heard Mark walk into the kitchen, you called out to him, "Mark"

Distracted by his phone, Mark leaned against the kitchen door and replied with a, "Hmm?"

"I'm going to do it," You said, turning around. 

Mark shut his phone, keeping it in his pocket and asked, "Do what?" 

"Dye my hair," You said, "I'm going to do it," 

Every time you looked into the mirror the past month, you were bored by seeing the same old person staring back. Determined, you had decided to do something to change up your appearance. Mark had suggested cutting your hair short, but you quickly refused because your hair seemed to literally grow five inches every month. 

Mark had then suggested dying your hair, which you were a bit unsure about first. You had never  dyed your hair and weren't sure if you wanted to damage it, but then you only live once and so decided to go along with it. 

"Are you sure?" Mark asked. 

"Yes. And you're helping me do it," You said, brushing past Mark and walking out of the kitchen. 

"I don't have a choice, do I," Mark asked, more like confirming himself.

"Nope," You said, wearing your jacket and grabbing your wallet "Come on. Let's go to the store," 

An hour later, you were sitting on the counter of your shared bathroom while Mark was putting on gloves. You both had gone to the store and bought the hair dye of the color you wanted. When you reached home, you had changed into clothes you both wouldn't mind getting dirty. 

Mark was reading the instructions off the box while you brushed your hair. 

Mark looked up to you unsurely, "Are you sure?" 

"I swear you're more nervous than me," You said, focusing on brushing your tangled hair.

"Well yes. You're dying your hair pink," Mark replied. 

"You've dyed your hair red," You retorted. 

"That was different," Mark retorted back. 

You waved him off and continued to brush your hair. After a while, Mark put the box back on the counter and leaned against it. 

"Besides," You said, "It's not bright pink. It's faded pink," 

Mark looked at you blankly and said, "You're crazy," 

"And you love that," You said mischievously, looking at him. 

Mark rolled his eyes but could not help the smile that came on his face. "I do," Mark admitted before quickly pecking your lips. He grabbed an old towel and draped it around your shoulders. As he began to mix the solution to dye your hair, you also put on gloves to protect your hands. 

Once he was done, he grabbed the brush and put some of the dye on it. "I can't believed I'm helping you do this," Mark muttered. 

You rolled your eyes and playfully hit him, "Come on. Hurry up," 

Mark took a deep breath and started applying the dye to your hair. 

Two and a half hours later, you stood in your bathroom again, staring back at your self in the mirror, this time with new hair. It had been a long process, bleaching your hair first then dying it pink. But you had done it and were proud of your self. 

You had just come out of the shower, having washed off the dye from your hair and giving it a simple home treatment. Although your hair was still wet which prevented you from seeing your dyed hair perfectly, it was still noticeable that your hair was a different color. 

You fought off the urge to blow dry your hair because you always let your hair dry naturally as you liked the way it dried. However after staring at yourself for another couple of seconds, you quickly changed your mind, muttering to yourself, "Screw it"

Plugging in the dryer, you started drying your hair, starting from your roots to your locks. 

Another ten minutes later, you were finally done and you happily skipped to your bedroom where Mark was sitting on the bed. 

"Markie" You sang out happily and jumped onto the bed, scaring Milo away. 

Mark put down his phone on the side table and looked at you a smile coming on his face. 

"How do I look?" You asked him

Mark looked at you for a while before replying, "Crazy-"

"Ya!-" You said, hitting his arm and Mark laughed. 

As he continued to laugh harder, you began to get impatient and lightly starting pushing him. 

"Ya! This isn't funny okay," You said. 

Mark grabbed your arms, pulling you on top of him so that you were straddling him. He made your upper body lean towards him. 

He looked at you in your eyes and whispered, "You look like my type of crazy," 

You rolled your eyes and began to get off of from him, but Mark pulled you down for a kiss instead. 

When you both pulled away, you got off of him and lied down on the bed with your legs on top if his legs. 

"Flirt," You said. 

"But you love it," Mark said, drawing circles on your bare legs as you were only wearing an oversized shirt. 

"I do," You admitted. Sighing, you got up from the bed, making Mark frown. 

"Where are you going?" Mark asked you.

"Someone has to clean the mess in the bathroom," You said, "Unless you want to do it," 

"No thank you," Mark said and you shook your head at his answer. 

Happy New Year! I was going to update this a few days before but I got kind of lazy. I'm not sure how long it really takes to bleach and dye your hair but I figured it should take at least two hours. 

My school is starting on Tuesday but I'm hoping to do another update before that, because once school starts I will get pretty busy. Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas break!