Youngjae - Practice

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....," 

"Aaahhhh," 

"Aaaaaooooaaaaahhh," 

You buried your head in the pillow, trying to cover your ears to shut out the sounds. 

It was currently eleven pm and you had decided to retire to bed as you have to wake up early for work tomorrow. Meanwhile your boyfriend had decided that he would stay up a bit more longer to practice the part Jaebum had assigned him in their next title song.  

You had bid him good night after the both of you washed the dishes together and had gotten ready for bed. However, what you were not expecting was to hear Youngjae belt out his vocals while you were trying to get your much needed sleep. 

You loved Youngjae's powerful voice and were always willing to hear him when he asked you, however you were not exactly as willing when it was midnight. 

Hell, you were sure that even the neighbors could hear him. After all the walls definitely were not sound-proof, which was proven when the couple living upstairs were doing their business. 

Assuming that you will be able to shut him out and eventually fall asleep, you tightly squeezed your eyes shut and covered your ears with your blanket. Yet ten minutes later, you were still unable to fall asleep, and were instead growing more and more awake. 

Deciding you had enough, you kicked away your blanket and got out of bed. Stepping into the hallway, you blinked your eyes continuously as the bright lights seemingly blinded you. 

As your eyes eventually adjusted to the bright lights, you started walking towards the living room, where Youngjae's voice was seemingly coming from. Approaching the living room, you could see Youngjae sitting on the sofa with Coco on his lap and his phone in his hand. He continued to sing as he looked at the phone, which you assumed had his part.

"Youngjae" You called out, your voice coming out smaller than you expected. 

You clear your throat and call out again, this time much louder, "Youngjae!" 

However, it had seemed that Youngaje had not heard you and continued to practice part. 

"Youngjae!" You call out again, crossing your arms on your chest. Yet Youngjae still didn't hear and you could feel yourself getting frustrated. 

"YOUNGJAE!" You finally yelled, throwing your hands down in frustration. 

Youngjae looked up startled and even Coco lifted his head to look at you. "Oh! Jagi. I thought you were sleeping," He questioned you.

"I can't" You say, walking over and plopping down on the couch, "Your singing couldn't let me," 

You titled your head to look at Youngjae and you could spot the guilt in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize," He told you. 

You sigh and shift over so you could wrap you arms around him. "It's okay. I know your practice is more important," 

"Yah-Don't be silly. Getting rest is more important. I can still practice other times but you need to get proper sleep because you have work tomorrow," Youngjae told you and you hummed in reply. 

You closed you eyes as you rested your head on his chest and Youngjae took his right hand, tangling them in your hair. Coco laid down his head again and drifted of to sleep. Sometimes you wondered how Coco managed to sleep in any sort of situation. 

As you both sat their for a while you could feel your eyes dropping heavier and it seemed as if Youngjae felt it too, because he soon made a suggestion to go to bed, which you quickly agreed to. 

When Youngjae had finished his night routine and had slipped under the sheets next to you, you shifted closer to him so you both were cuddling. 

"Youngjae," You called out softly. 

"Yes," He replied, his voice raspy.

"Can you sing for me," You asked him, your voice pleading like a kindergarten kid.

Even though you couldn't see him, Youngjae raised him eyebrows and smiled. "I thought my singing wakes you up," He teased you. 

"Your loud voice wakes me up. Not your singing," You replied back quickly. 

Youngjae shifted slightly and held you tighter. Instead of singing, Youngjae started humming a song which you quickly recognized to be the one he was practicing earlier. 

After a while, when you were just about to drift to sleep, "I love you," Youngjae told you.

"I love you too," You mumbled back. 

Sorry I have not updated for a while, but it took me a lot of time to write this chapter. Although I knew how to start it, I got lost on how I should end it. 

Have you all seen the video of where Jaebum's holding a lizard towards Jackson. Jackson's so cute in it and honestly Jinyoung is a whole mood, just calmly sitting there. Since the end of an year (a decade!) is coming, I hope all the boys and everyone stay safe and healthy!

Hope you enjoyed this imagine!