Mark - Hand pt 2

Since Twice's comeback was less than a week away, you have been busier than usual, often working some late hours at the company. 

You lean into your chair and stretch out your arms, cracking a few knuckles in your wrist. You had eaten a small sandwich earlier and were still hungry, however working for a long time always killed your hunger eventually. 

Checking the time on your phone's lock screen, you see its a bit after eight. Sighing you close your laptop before slowly getting up from your chair. 

"Are you leaving Y/N?" Your coworker asked you and you nodded in reply. 

"Get some rest. You look really tired," She said before the two of you parted ways. 

You stepped out of the JYP building and ran into someone. The person immediately put their hands to your waist to prevent you from falling. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," You say, apologizing without even looking up to see the person. 

"It's okay," The person replied in english and your neck snapped up due to the familiarity of the voice. 

"Mark," You say confused and yet acknowledging his presence altogether. 

"Hey," Mark says, releasing you from his grip and taking a step back. 

"What are you doing here," You ask him, gripping onto your sling bag.

"I came to get something but now I think it can wait," Mark said, putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans. 

"Isn't it important?" You asked. 

"Yeah but if I go in, you're going to disappear again," Mark replied expressionless, looking directly at you.

You internally grimaced at his words. Ever since Mark confessed, you had been somewhat avoiding him, not knowing how to act around him without making it awkward. Mark's schedule worked with you in the beginning since he was promoting due to this comebacks, but that was almost three weeks ago and since then he has been completely free. 

Whenever you saw him in the hallway, you'd immediately run into a room or the ladies washroom. 

"I'm not avoiding. I've just been busy," You told him softly, looking down. 

"For a month?" Mark stated, his eyebrows raised. 

This time you visibly grimaced and said, "I'm sorry."

You heard Mark sigh. "Have you eaten yet?" Mark asked you and you nodded, saying, "Yeah, I had a sandwich earlier." 

"Can I take you home?" Mark asked you cautiously. 

You looked up to meet his gaze halfway. As much as a part of you wanted to say no, truthfully, you had missed spending time with Mark the past month and before you could even process it you were telling him yes. 

Once you both were seated and strapped with safety belt in his car, Mark drove out of the JYP parking and starting driving towards the direction of your apartment. 

Although the both of you were seated in silence, with Mark staring at the road ahead and you looking out of the window, it somehow felt comfortable and relaxing to you. 

"Are you tired?" Mark asked, breaking the silence. 

"Kind of," You replied, "My head hurts a bit." 

By now the two of you driving into the quieter and less busier streets as the car neared the neighborhood you lived in. 

Mark abruptly swerved the car to the side, turning on the parking mode and scaring you to death. 

"What are you doing?" You asked him, the panic evident in your voice. 

"Wait here a second," Mark told you before he unstrapped himself and got out, leaving you sitting confused in the passenger seat of the car. You turned around in your seat, craning you neck as much as possible to see where Mark was heading off to. 

Once Mark had disappeared from your vision, you turned around back and slumped into the seat of the car. 

Soon enough Mark returned to the car with two strawberry milk cartons in his hand. 

"Here," He said, handing you once as he settled himself in the car. 

Taking the tiny carton from him, you asked, "You went to get this?" 

Mark nodded as he stuck the straw in his carton and said, "Drink up. It'll make you feel better." 

As you thrusted the straw into the carton, you hesitantly glanced at Mark and said, "Mark...I didn't mean to avoid you. I was just-"

"It's okay, I get it. I understand if you can't feel the same way about me. And I get it if you like Jackson," Mark cut you off, looking straight ahead at the road. 

"But Mark...I don't like Jackson," You said softly. 

Mark was sipping on his straw as he turned his neck to look at you. "You what?" Mark said, making his voice squeak as he let go off the straw. 

"It was just a petty crush. I barley even know Jackson to like him." You told him, looking him in the eye. "Besides," You added, "I think the past month made me realize that I'm better off with someone who I know better and he knows me too. Like someone who buys me strawberry milk to cheer me up and drives me home from work even though his house is in the other direction." 

You give Mark a soft smile as he looked at you. 

Suddenly Mark leaned over, closing the distance between the two of you, and you felt him slightly brush his lips against yours but not fully touching. As if he was asking permission. 

You put your hand on the back of his neck and pulled him down so your lips could finally touch each other fully. Your lips moved softly against each other and you could taste the sweet flavour of strawberry on him. 

The two you pulled away and Mark rested his forehead against yours, giving your lips another small peck. 

Hello everyone. I really want a kpop friend, especially a Got7 kpop friend.  Feel free to message me if you're lonely and want a kpop friend too. I feel like the quality of my writing changes so much. Sometimes its good and other times its so simple. For example, this imagine is better compared to the last few ones. Either, I'm trying to keep the quality of my writing consistent, but I apologize if its too up and down. 

Have a great day and go check out my other book Collision if you haven't yet : )