Youngjae - Cooking

You opened the door of your apartment and kicked off your heels as soon as you walked in. 

Removing your jacket and letting it fall onto the floor, you let out a frustrated scream and collapse onto the couch.

You rubbed your hands aggressively across your face and half shouted "I hate that stupid old git" 

"Who?" A voice said from behind you and you screamed, jumping around. 

You turn to see Youngjae standing there, with a bag of chips in his hand. 

"Oh my god!" You exclaim, putting your right hand over your heart. "What are you doing here?" You asked him. 

Youngjae walked over to the couch to sit next to you and said, "We decided to have dinner here remember? I got free early so I came. You really have to stop putting your extra key under the flower pot. Who's the git?" 

You immediately roll your eyes and sink back into the couch and say, "My stupid old boss." 

"You know he pays you good money right," Youngjae said and you replied, "Yes. That's the only reason I haven't kicked him in his balls yet."

"Youngjae," You say, turning your head to your right to look at him. "Let's just order some delivery food today. Work was really hectic and I'm too tired to actually cook." 

Youngjae nodded, understanding you and you got up from the couch. 

"Order whatever you want. I'm going to go wash up," You tell him and walk towards your room. 

As you step into the shower, you let out a comforted sigh as the warm water hits your skin and you began to massage your scalp, washing it. 

Once you were done showering and had gotten yourself into comfortable clothes, you walked out of the bathroom and a strong smell hit your nose, making you even more hungry than before. 

Walking towards the source of the smell, you walk into the kitchen and are surprised to see Youngjae cooking. 

"What are you doing?" You ask him, walking over to his side. 

"Cooking," Youngjae stated in a happy tone. 

"But why?" You asked him, "Didn't I say to just order some food." 

"Because you looked so tired today. You're always cooking for me and I realized I've never cooked for you," Youngjae said, putting the indegridents he just chopped in the pot. 

"But, you must be tired too" You protested.

"Ya stop disturbing me and get out of here," Youngjae said, pushing you out of the kitchen. 

"But-,"You say, your voice trailing off. You stand in the doorway for a few more seconds before reluctantly leaving.

"Might as well take advantage of this while it lasts" You thought to yourself as you sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. 

You were halfway through the episode of the drama you were watching when Youngjae came in with two plates. 

Immediately you began to move and ask him, "Should we eat at the dining table?" 

"No," Youngaje said, shaking his head, "Let's eat here. We can clean up the kitchen later too."

You looked at him unsurely before standing up completely and walking towards the kitchen. "Where are you going?" Youngjae asked you and you replied, "To get some alcohol. I can still see my boss's face in front of me." 

You heard Youngjae laugh at your words and you grabbed two cans of beer before walking back to the couch. 

I cut my finger while cooking but it didn't really hurt. I always thought cutting your finger hurts but I didn't hurt as much though. 

IU's song 'eight' is my favorite song at the moment. Every time I listen to it I feel a bit sad and I feel like the song is a reflection of the life she had lived so far. If you haven't listened to it, I highly recommend that you do. 

Have a great day and stay safe : )