Yugyeom - Late

"You're late," You said as you felt your boyfriend slip into the seat beside you.

"I know," Yugyeom replied, his hands grabbing the cup of chocolate ice cream he just got.

"Why?" You asked, keeping your face emotionless and looking straight.

You heard Yugyeom sigh beside you. "I'm sorry okay. Practice held me back."

You raised an eyebrow and questioned, "For two hours?"

Yugyeom put down is cup of ice cream hard on the table in frustration. "Look, this practice was important. I couldn't get out of it. I said I'm sorry,"

You were about to reply with another snarky comment, but held yourself back. You could tell that Yugyeom was frustrated, probably due to the tiresome practice he just got out of, and you were tired of being stood up.

You knew his job required unusual working hours and drained him out of energy completely, but this isn't the first time he has made you wait. In fact, it was becoming more of a routine. You both would set up a date or a place to meet, and when you'd reach there you would have to wait about an hour without any texts or calls from Yugyeom before he's show up and apologize, blaming his schedule.

You'd always try to brush it off, not wanting to spend your limited time together arguing. However it reached new heights today and your patience had been tested.

"You could've at least texted me. I was waiting like an idiot here," You say, this time turning your body so you could face him.

Yugyeom doesn't reply and instead mutters something under his breath that you couldn't quite catch.

You felt anger spreading all over you as you say, "Do you want to say that again?"

Yugyeom's grip on the ice cream cup tightened and he took a deep breath, turning to face you and say, "No one told you to wait for me,"

You stare at him blankly, not really knowing what to say. You were quite literally speechless. All the confident you had before was quickly vanishing and you felt helpless.

"Why are you being like this?" You asked softly, hoping it would calm him down as well, but it just made Yugyeom more furious.

"Being like what?... Being like what Y/N! I'm just doing my job, and I'm sorry if you can't bear the fact that some things are more important than meeting up with you. If you knew that this comes as a part of my job then why did you even date me in the first place!" Yugyeom said, his voice getting louder and louder.

A silence hangs over the both of you when Yugyeom stops speaking, his eyes widening immediately when he realized what he said.

You stand up, grabbing your phone off the table and turning around to leave. Yugeyeom stands up with you, grabbing your wrist to prevent you from leaving.

"No! Wait! Y/N. Thats not what I meant—," Yugyeom tries to say, but you cut him off, saying in a small voice, "I have to go,"

You're quick to realase yourself from his hold and run away. You can hear Yugyeom calling you but you ignore him and run into the run even though you don't have an umbrella with you. You just had to get away from here.

You run off into the direction of your house, letting your tears fall as they blended with the rain. However since luck didn't seem to be on your side today, you slipped and fell on your butt on the side walk.

Embarrassed and even more humiliated you sat there for a second in shock, trying to grasp your situation. Before you could react, a hand grabs your forearm.

"Y/N" The person calls you and you look up to see Yugyeom standing with an umbrella over the both of you. He pulls you up effortlessly, holding you close to him so that you were standing under the umbrella as well.

"You shouldn't run in rain," Yugyeom tells you, turning your palm over in his hand to inspect the damage done.

"Why do you even care?" You muttered softly, trying to not look at his face.

Hearing that Yugyeom shifts his eyes to look at you, still holding onto your hand. "Because you're my girlfriend. I'm always going to care " He tells you.

You scoff very lightly and say, "It didn't seem like that some minutes ago,"

Yugyeom lets go off your hand and uses his free hand to title you head so you meet his gaze.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean any of the stuff I said back there, I don't even know why I said any of that. I know sometimes I can't make it on time and I should have texted you before and I'm going to be more careful from now on. I'm so sorry Y/N," Yugyeom said and you could see the sincerity in his eyes.

You stare at him for a couple more seconds before saying, "I'm sorry for overreacting and being clingy too,"

You move you gaze away from him again and Yugyeom immediately makes you face him. He holds your face with his hand on your chin, before smiling and leaning down to kiss you.

When you both break away, Yugyeom's grinning like a toddler on their birthday, making you ask, "What?"

"The rain made your shirt kind of see through," He says mischievously.

"Pevert," You say, hitting his arm but you can't stop the smile from coming on your face and nevertheless pulling him down for another kiss.

Yugyeom pulls away a moment later and says, "Let's get you home and changed before you fall sick," and you nod along with him.

"Wait. Hold this," Yugyeom says, handing you the umbrella. He starts to take off his jacket, making you confused.

"What are you doing?" You ask him. Yugyeom takes his jacket and puts it around you,

"Can't have everyone seeing what's mine," He says, taking the umbrella from you again and entangling both your hands together. 

Although its a day late, Merry Christmas!!! To those who celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see Jinyoung MC at the KBS song festival on the 29th. 

I hope you enjoyed this one : )